Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad Rumour

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Simster said:
Probably because they are glory hunting pricks who weren't among the 9,000 who used to have to put up with watching ... John Bumstead at Stamford Bridge.

Oooh, that's one of Mrs Gwylan's exes. I think she'll like to hear that one.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't know ANY Chelsea STHs :down:

Perhaps if anyone knows TWO, I could adopt one?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Redhead said:
I think Frank is vastly over rated, He's a long way off being as good as he thinks he is. He scores a lot of goals by virtue of the fact he has 10 shots in a game and hits the target once. He's no longer the best midfielder in the Chelsea team (Ballack is).

His attitude stinks too, the way he talks about West Ham bearing in mind the only reason he got into the team was his dad (when he first broke into the side) He owes them some respect. The way he turned his back on them and all the BS with kissing the Chelsea badge infront of the Bobby Moore Stands shows a total lack of respect.

Frank Lampard = :tosser:

The fans treated him like shit at West Ham despite the fact that he clearly has quality.

You think Ballack is the best midfielder at chelsea? If you believe that I can see why you think Lampard is shit. Essien is blatantly their best midfielder.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Chesney Christ said:
Thats a very bizarre criticism of a players who's game is not about pace; rather skill, touch, technique and ball control. Very odd.
Tend to agree, but that's Chelsea fans for you. Having said that I'm sure you can find others who think the opposite to my mates. Bit like Brighton fans with Kuipers v Henderson or Mayo's shit no he isn't.

And Bry Nylon - Don't worry. The way football's going you'll soon know nothing BUT Chelsea STHs.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Silent Bob said:
Probably because he's is an absolute colossus for Chelsea. I don't see why people pick on him, he's a bit of a cock but a quality player who isn't performing for England. You could say the same about pretty much all of them.

He's not though.

In a team of world-beating superstars, he has a knack of scoring belters against the likes of Watford and Sheffield United. Watch him against a team of real quality, however, and he's nowhere to be seen.

He was useless against Barcelona the last couple of times the teams have played, and he's useless on the international stage. When he's finally dropped, it'll be a good year or two overdue.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He's not though.

In a team of world-beating superstars, he has a knack of scoring belters against the likes of Watford and Sheffield United. Watch him against a team of real quality, however, and he's nowhere to be seen.

He was useless against Barcelona the last couple of times the teams have played, and he's useless on the international stage. When he's finally dropped, it'll be a good year or two overdue.

Half take huge deflections as well!

Stumpy Tim

I went to the group games at the World Cup and the thing that struck me about Lampard was how incredibly lazy he was. When England lost the ball in the final third, you wouod see Gerrard and Beckham sprint back as if their lives depended on it. Meanwhile, Fat Frank would be strolling back letting others do his work.

He's an England sub at best. Given the TWAT McLaren has written Becks off, I would go with Hargreaves & Gerrard in the centre with Lennon & probably Joe Cole on the left

One of Gerrard and Lampard needs dropping, and it certainly shouldn't be Gerrard.

At the very least it will be good to burst his ridiculous ego - just as Barton (also a twat, but in a different way) did. Gerrard seemed genuinely to take the comment in his stride, Lampard didn't.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
fatbadger said:
One of Gerrard and Lampard needs dropping, and it certainly shouldn't be Gerrard.

At the very least it will be good to burst his ridiculous ego - just as Barton (also a twat, but in a different way) did. Gerrard seemed genuinely to take the comment in his stride, Lampard didn't.

Gerrard left a signed copy of his book outside Barton's room. :clap: Lampard barely acknowledges him and when he did, demanded an apology. Cheer up, Frank. Not all of us are lucky enough to be fairly good at something, yet paid extortionately good wages. Why the book? Why? Did he owe it to his fans? Did he want more money in the bank? :rolleyes:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Chesney Christ said:
I don't know any Chelsea STH's (which puts me in the minority on this thread it would seem) but from where I'm looking Joe Cole is a supremely gifted young footballer whereas Frank Lampard is a fairly average, hard working player who has made the absolutely most of his ability and has probably already hit his peak. If your friend is a true Chelsea I don't for the life of me understand why he would have anything against Joe Cole.

I kind of agree that Lampard has made the best of his ability and his form can be a bit up and down but he does have some great qualities, his movement is excellent, he has great vision and moves the ball very quickly and can tackle. Far more intelligent footballer than Gerrard as well.

He's not as good as has been made out but he is a very very good player.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The guy has just said what every intelligent thinking english fan thinks!

SPOT ON!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Northstander said:
The guy has just said what every intelligent thinking english fan thinks!

SPOT ON!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

No, he has said what he thinks, and you have decided that you are an 'intelligent fan' because you agree with him.

Personally I don't side with Barton particularly even though I understand he is right about there being nothing to rant about after that World Cup.
Some people want to read their thoughts though, and if they do then let them pay to do it. If Barton issued a book now it might actually be quite amusing, but after what he's said he's not going to be able to without winning something.

Lampard would be better off just saying that if it takes England international success before anyone should write a book, we shouldn't hold our breath for one from Barton then.

Yoda

English & European
Les Biehn said:
It makes me laugh with Lampard, the guy missed some sitters in the World Cup but at least he got into the positions and suddenly the bandwagon starts rolling. Now he gets put in the left hand side no mans land of the England midfield and people start saying how shit he is.

All very unfair in my opinion, most of the England team has been pony yet Lampard seems to get singled out.

Similar to Paul Scholes then. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here