Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Well.....I've only ever seen us win 'Le Tournoi', so, ya know, any port in a storm.

It also offers the safety net of a WC playoff if we totally bollocks up the qualifying group. OK, I'm reaching. But its STILL better than utterly meaningless friendlies.

Shearer scoring in Montpellier

How many would get that in Brighton Lines quiz

Without Google :whistle:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Denmark are undefeated for 36 (?) games, excluding a game they lost because they played with amateurs due to a conflict with their FA. Will be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday...

Guess there is a chance they will lose their streak tonight though.

Really? They didn’t win the World Cup in 2018 and surely there’s no way they’ve played 36 games since then?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing that disappoints me most about tonight is that Southgate picked what I thought was a dream attack in Foden, Sancho, Sterling and Kane and pitted them against a plucky but limited Iceland side. The only one who performed was Sterling.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So they lost the game on penalties, but maintained their unbeaten streak. Remarkable stuff.

An argument can be made that way, but I don't think it's ever been standard to use a penalty shoot out to claim the result of the match, only progression in the competition. The match ended in a draw. The penalty shoot out then happens to decide who moves forward.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s all good everyone don’t dis Southgate, we’ve beaten Sweden and tunisia at a World Cup and so everyone will be ‘proud’ absolute monsters we are.

Southgate has that managerial trait of picking an attacking team yet somehow still setting up a team to play SHITE football.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
An argument can be made that way, but I don't think it's ever been standard to use a penalty shoot out to claim the result of the match, only progression in the competition. The match ended in a draw. The penalty shoot out then happens to decide who moves forward.

So a game decided by a penalty shoot out is officially recorded in the history books as a draw. I never realised that, but I can of course see the logic.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Southgate ‘Red Card and penalty took the gloss off the win’

Gloss? Is Southgate having an absolute giraffe? Just admit we were absolutely dross and got a lucky penalty, trying to pretend aside from the red card and penalty that it was a good performance is absolutely laughable. How you can make a front 4 of Sterling, Sancho, Kane and Foden play that dull is an achievement in itself quite frankly.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Southgate ‘Red Card and penalty took the gloss off the win’

Gloss? Is Southgate having an absolute giraffe? Just admit we were absolutely dross and got a lucky penalty, trying to pretend aside from the red card and penalty that it was a good performance is absolutely laughable. How you can make a front 4 of Sterling, Sancho, Kane and Foden play that dull is an achievement in itself quite frankly.

He really is appalling is he not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Jesus :lolol: Don’t get me wrong, Sancho could destroy any centre half with a piece of skill but that wasn’t even a piece of skill, Maguire just fell over trying to stand up :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Jesus :lolol: Don’t get me wrong, Sancho could destroy any centre half with a piece of skill but that wasn’t even a piece of skill, Maguire just fell over trying to stand up :lolol:

Sancho said "Obviously it was funny because he dropped, but I didn't understand it, because I wasn't even that close to him."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here