Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"England needs him more than he needs England," stated Grant [of John Terry]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alot of bollocks being spouted about Terry on this thread. It's a fact the most people on NSC hate anyone who isn't whiter than white and will base their opinion accordingly, see threads about Allardyce, Keane, Fergie, Mourinho etc. In fact people even do it with our own players, show the slightest bit of arrogance and this lot will be on them like a pack of wolves.
Terry is easily the best defender, even though he isn't the best footballer.

EDIT

A good example is on this thread. What has Rooney ever done to deserve that? As far as I can see he runs his socks off every time he pulls on an England shirt.

You have hit the nail on the head. He runs his socks off. I can run my socks off. In fact you can see me run along the seafront in 30 mins if you want. No one ever says 'that Rooney was world class tonight' though and that is the problem.

Running socks off, putting himself about, committed...all euphamisms in my book. Skill, talent, technique are preferable terms and the qualities which win you games at the highest level.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think we need to remember that these are Grants comments and not those of John Terry. If anything this demonstrates the growing contempt club managers show towards the national team.

In regards to Terrys ability there is no doubt he has quality as Chelsea look a shadow of the team they are when he is not playing. Luckily enough for England there are other equally competant defenders to step in should Terry ever decide that England is beneath him.

Its the shortage of English strikers that worries me

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember Euro 2004 when John Terry was shown to be out of his depth at international level and his replacement Ledley King completely outclassed him? If I remember correctly in the match where England were eliminated by Portugal, it was Terry ball watching and being a spectator that led to a Portugal goal. Terry is arguably the most over-rated player in the Premiership, and like his team mate Fat Frank, consistently disappoints at international level.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do not for one minute think that it is a foregone conclusion that Terry will be in the next England squad. I believe that Capello leans towards footballing central defenders as opposed to big stoppers with a big boot, which is what Terry is. Will be interesting to see if Jose takes him to Barcelona when he takes over as manager along with Fat Frank.

The selection of Wheater puts the Capello leans towards footballing central defenders to rest....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here