Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"England needs him more than he needs England," stated Grant [of John Terry]

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Oh f*** off you sour faced Israeli nobody.

What England need is a firm kick up the backside, not some overpaid thug wearing Blue.

Is he just trying to court controversy so he can be more like the much-missed Mourinho?

Do me a lemon

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Grant, he doesn't come across as an egomaniac who can't see that maybe his team deserve to lose matches occasionaly. It seems Chelsea fans want him out even though he has not done too badly so far this season, a couple of cup defeats apart.

Obviously not charismatic enough though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
greenback.gif

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
But it's not true, as England don't NEED Terry. He certainly wouldn't be in my first choice XI.

My point precisely.

If Terry thinks he's doing his country a FAVOUR by playing for the national side then he is very much mistaken.

Of course, Terry hasn't said this but I still think Grant has done himself and his precious "JT" no favours with this stupid comment.

Playing for England is THE greatest honour any English footballer can be blessed with and their wages, market value and club manager's appraisals have BALLS all to do with it.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
John Terry is possibly the best defender in the world. I reckon England might need him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
John Terry is possibly the best defender in the world. I reckon England might need him.

? He's the best defender who plays the blood and thunder English way......world football has moved on though.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
? He's the best defender who plays the blood and thunder English way......world football has moved on though.

Actually the player I would compare him too is an Italian, Baresi.

His reading of the game is superb, he is hard as nails, he marshalls the defence well and while he doesn't hit 40 yard passes his distribution is always neat and tidy.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He has no pace.

I agree he has limited pace but his reading of the game is so good it doesn't matter. If you watch him the only time his pace catches him out is when someone else has made a mistake and he is getting across to cover.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Am I the only one who thinks Richards is a rubbish centreback? He's much better at rightback.

I wouldn't say rubbish but certainly in the Ledley King/Sol Campbell school of being lucky he has loads of pace to get him out of trouble.

Much better RB.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ferdinand is a different type of defender to Terry and theorectially they should work well together.

Woodgate's form is a bit up and down due to injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here