Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Hype

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
I know what you mean - all these WANKERS, not dressing to your standards, enjoying themselves and having a nice time...

not my standards no, england football shirts ok, but england trainers?? dont even go there !:facepalm:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Im with you to a certain extent. The main thing that pisses me off are the morons who flock to pubs, most of which have never been to a football match in their lives and claim to be the biggest football fans in England. Most of these are opinionated and loud mouthed. Thank god for large plasma screens, your back garden, cans of beer and BBQs meaning a good party can be enjoyed away from the dross in town centre boozers!
And at a fraction of the cost of going to a pub!

It do actually agree with this. I think its okay if you are with a large group of mates who know a bit about football. But I'm watching the first game at home - with a few friends - for the very reasons you list above. Means I can avoid the "Pass it to Beckham!!" Brigade....

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I must admit, I love the pub atmosphere if you find the right place. Trying out a couple of new pubs this tournament, but not going to say where as I want a good spot and dont want it turn into a crappy chav infested, beer throwing, I support Man U and Chelsea spackfest :jester:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I must admit, I love the pub atmosphere if you find the right place. Trying out a couple of new pubs this tournament, but not going to say where as I want a good spot and dont want it turn into a crappy chav infested, beer throwing, I support Man U and Chelsea spackfest :jester:

Loving your new icon thing btw. :laugh::thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It do actually agree with this. I think its okay if you are with a large group of mates who know a bit about football. But I'm watching the first game at home - with a few friends - for the very reasons you list above. Means I can avoid the "Pass it to Beckham!!" Brigade....

I'm doing this for all the England games, also cos it means I can get my mates who aren't so into football round for a bit of grub and beer and hopefully give them a premeditative pleasant experience in return for suffering Fortress Withdean once or twice next season. But I'm tempted to go into town if England don't win just to watch the angry neds, somehow I just find them really entertaining, it's probably a "my life isn't actually that shit" kinda thing.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm doing this for all the England games, also cos it means I can get my mates who aren't so into football round for a bit of grub and beer and hopefully give them a premeditative pleasant experience in return for suffering Fortress Withdean once or twice next season. But I'm tempted to go into town if England don't win just to watch the angry neds, somehow I just find them really entertaining, it's probably a "my life isn't actually that shit" kinda thing.

Worthing town centre - not the nicest play in the world at the best of times - was like Baghdad after the defeat to Portugal in 2006. Horrible, horrible atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here