Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Hype

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. We're not going to win (probably) but the World Cup is a chance for everyone to be proud of wherever they're from - stereotypes and all...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Jesus. All the negativity. No wonder why Withdean is so quiet.

Get behind the team

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Completely agree with you.

Yes we should support our country with banners and flags but we all know that we are not going to win. Let's have fun whilst we are in it because we won't last long :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Completely agree with you.

Yes we should support our country with banners and flags but we all know that we are not going to win. Let's have fun whilst we are in it because we won't last long :thumbsup:

No. We don't know we aren't going to win. Thats just the negative fuckers.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I know you lot are going on about this as though its like 'its just a game, we are allowed to back our game' but technically us lot do the exact same thing on a competition like eurovision 'ugh lets not bother' and I am certain its not got entirely to do with politics, we have just not been trying hard enough :wrong: We need to have a more positive attitude towards international competitions, its not all about winning the world cup. But its about taking part, and for once, I think we have one of the best chances that we have had for ages.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wouldn't bother watching if I genuinely thought we couldn't win it. Seriously, why not? With a little bit of luck, and if all the squad play to the very best of their ability (and a bit beyond) there is absolutely NO reason we can't win the damn thing.

I'm not advocating we WILL win it, but I would definitely not say we can't.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I wouldn't bother watching if I genuinely thought we couldn't win it. Seriously, why not? With a little bit of luck, and if all the squad play to the very best of their ability (and a bit beyond) there is absolutely NO reason we can't win the damn thing.

I'm not advocating we WILL win it, but I would definitely not say we can't.

These are the absolute best sentiments

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Did 'Wideguy' win his tribunal dispute?

hi barrell fun, whats this wideguy ??? not clue what your on about?? anyway to answer your question... yes i did win my tribunal case, unanimous decision in fact..awarded £6500 ...and one word of advice.. when seeking advice in legal matters...do not go to citizens advice, they said i had a weak case and had little chance of winning... yeah right !!!! :facepalm:

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Do you live your life by those rules? If so then you might as well just top yourself now.

Reach for the razors, safe as f*** :facepalm:

just being honest ... oh and i dont have any razors..shame!!!!!:(

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I don't actually think there has been as much hype as usual. I think the fragility of our back four and the fact that peter Crouch and Emile heskey are seen as essential to our forward line have given us a dose of realism for a change.

However there is an impending sense of excitement about what should hopefully be a month long feast of football. A guaranteed rollercoaster of emotion awaits and hey, England, to use boxing parlance, have a punchers chance, so why not dare to dream and surrender to the magical mystery tour that is the FIFA World Cup 2010. Fill the fridge with some cold beer, get the Pringles in and your vuvuzala out, only three days to go!

Come on England!!!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really???

:bla::bla::bla::bla:

COME ON ENGLAND prove these fuckers wrong.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

This.

I take my job as a football supporter very seriously - don't give a f*** if it's false hope but you have to believe you'll win every game - same as the Albion. That's what being a fan is all about...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be honest I don't actually think there has been as much hype as usual. I think the fragility of our back four and the fact that peter Crouch and Emile heskey are seen as essential to our forward line have given us a dose of realism for a change.

However there is an impending sense of excitement about what should hopefully be a month long feast of football. A guaranteed rollercoaster of emotion awaits and hey, England, to use boxing parlance, have a punchers chance, so why not dare to dream and surrender to the magical mystery tour that is the FIFA World Cup 2010. Fill the fridge with some cold beer, get the Pringles in and your vuvuzala out, only three days to go!

Come on England!!!!!!!

You sum it up perfectly - I love the whole hype...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Come on England!!!!!!!
Absolutely, 100% agree! There has been a refreshing lack of hype about this world cup, and consequently people are going to enjoy it a lot more - if they let themselves. The fact that our last three games against Mexico , Japan and the Kellogs All Stars were not exactly processional, one-sided thrashings has also added to the general feeling of realism. Note I said 'realism', not 'pessimism'. It's one thing to say "If it goes to form we probably won't win, but bloody hell we've got a chance" and quite another to say "We're shit, the players are over-paid wankers who don't care, Brazil and Spain will piss all over us, why is everybody so excited, etc etc etc."

As you say, sit back and enjoy it. It's only once every four years and I just love the whole buzz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here