Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Hype

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whats it all about, all those pathetic car flags, is it case of copy him/her or plain soppy ?? silly hats banners etc in the shops, no thanks... look were not gonna win rge world cup...end of.... our players arnt dedicated enough, its all money money money... im sorry but thats my opinion, which im entilted to... yeah we may beat all the pre donkey teams like the usa etc.. but as proved last time around.. come up against a proper team such as portagual and bang its all over, im no killjoy but lets face the facts... im not anti england ..dont get me wrong.. buts well well over hyped up im afraid ... sorry !!!!!???

In my OPINION, you are a f***ing miserable wanker.

This has got Scotland written all over it .

Gotta say that despite being Scottish AND a f***ing miserable wanker, I'm in full agreement with the learned Hiney on this one :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
four of the large investment banks have down analysis of the wolrd cup and 3 of them have us in the semis, JP Morgan calling it a win for England.

i like that sort of hype.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I am seeing two sides to this world cup already rich and poor. We have the multi million pound players, executives and big business all making big money, then we have the poor people who cant even afford to eat, from what I have seen i.e reports and tv programmes.

I hope for the sake of South Africa the money generated from this World Cup goes to regeneration and not in to the pockets of greedy individuals. Is that a fair thing to say?
At the moment there is too much hype, and to me it does not feel right.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
four of the large investment banks have down analysis of the wolrd cup and 3 of them have us in the semis, JP Morgan calling it a win for England.

i like that sort of hype.

Aren't they the company which failed to predict the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage market in America leading to the biggest banking collapse for 70 years ? oh, and wasn't banking and financial services their main business ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I honestly think, and this is my 7th campaign, that this time, more than any other time (see what I did there?) there's not been enough hype.

So come on England, we're going to stuff 'em, Germany and Australia included with those cheating Argie bastards getting it big time in the final - we won't just have sunk the Belgrano after that!!! :thumbsup::clap2:

(Opps, that's probably screwed us)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Aren't they the company which failed to predict the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage market in America leading to the biggest banking collapse for 70 years ? oh, and wasn't banking and financial services their main business ?

did they fail to predict it? the whole point of CDS was to profit from defaults, Lehman's was the one that really carried the shitcan and JP Morgan came out rather well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
did they fail to predict it? the whole point of CDS was to profit from defaults, Lehman's was the one that really carried the shitcan and JP Morgan came out rather well.

Oh dear, maybe you are right, I'm not that good on securities and bond markets and all that stuff. The point I was trying to nudge towards was that maybe a big financial institution may not be the best placed to predict football results.

oh, but as a P.S. I'm not so sure JP Morgan have come out of things rather well, here is a headline from The Financial Times

"The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has stepped up its focus on client asset security by fining JP Morgan Securities a record £33.32m for failing to protect client money."

oops ! too much time spent looking at The Sun's World Cup wallchart ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I am seeing two sides to this world cup already rich and poor. We have the multi million pound players, executives and big business all making big money, then we have the poor people who cant even afford to eat, from what I have seen i.e reports and tv programmes.

I hope for the sake of South Africa the money generated from this World Cup goes to regeneration and not in to the pockets of greedy individuals. Is that a fair thing to say?
At the moment there is too much hype, and to me it does not feel right.

But that situation existed in South Africa long long before this event, just because the press has bought it to your attention all of a sudden you are not sure about enjoying it? Why were you not worried before about the greedy people of South Africa?

The money from this tournament will not really help regeneration in SA - regeneration is about time and social change and economic restructuring. But you should really be supporting their event and hoping that nothing happens to spoil the tourism that this can generate for them.

Are you a glass is half empty kind?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Whats it all about, all those pathetic car flags, is it case of copy him/her or plain soppy ?? silly hats banners etc in the shops, no thanks... look were not gonna win rge world cup...end of.... our players arnt dedicated enough, its all money money money... im sorry but thats my opinion, which im entilted to... yeah we may beat all the pre donkey teams like the usa etc.. but as proved last time around.. come up against a proper team such as portagual and bang its all over, im no killjoy but lets face the facts... im not anti england ..dont get me wrong.. buts well well over hyped up im afraid ... sorry !!!!!???

You sad tosser. Will Brighton win League One next season? Probably not, so why don't we just f*** the entire season off, eh?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
You boring git! Enjoy it, we probably won't win but nothing brings the country and people together like a good world cup. One of my best memories ever is of Italia 90, sure we lost on pens but the nostalgia attached to that tournament gives me goosebumps.

Stop moaning, get an England shirt, put a flag up, keep your fingers crossed and enjoy it.

What he says :thumbsup:
If it wasn't for Italia 90, I'd still hate football.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

f*** off you cynicle wanker. If you want to spout negative shite over a forum go elsewhere and let the rest of us dream and hope of world cup glory.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Do you live your life by those rules? If so then you might as well just top yourself now.

Reach for the razors, safe as f*** :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here