Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hodgson has ballsed this right up. No Micah Richards, no Peter Crouch and selecting Joleon "f***ing liability" Lescott and the absolute showers of shite that are Barry and Milner.
Actually wanted Hodgson to succeed but he has made the wrong decisions completely here. New era my arse.

So Micah Richards (not good enough for Man City starting place recently or many of their big games) should definetely be in the squad but it's silly that Barry and Lescott (both first choices and key players for the champions) are?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
why are people moaning about downing and milner?

who would you have had instead, out of interest? or is it a case of there just not being many good english midfielders?

Honestly? Matt Jarvis (8 goals, 4 assists in the worst team in the league), Adam Johnson (best all round winger we have IMO), Aaron Lennon (and play Young LW as he was so effective for Villa), and probably Sturridge even (Play him right wing and Young on the left).

He's done nothing this year, nothing, 0 goals and 0 assists is truely awful.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glen Johnson over Micah Richards does my nut in....

Johnson has to be in my opinion our 4th choice right back at best

I would Say Walker ( shame he is injured ) Richards, Jones and Smalling are better than him at Right back....

Agree with most of this. Smalling is also injured though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So Micah Richards (not good enough for Man City starting place recently or many of their big games) should definetely be in the squad but it's silly that Barry and Lescott (both first choices and key players for the champions) are?

Micah Richards is our best RB by far. Lescott is a disaster waiting to happen and I still have no idea what Gareth Barry supposedly brings to a team.
Just because they play regularly for a big club side doesn't mean they are good enough. Carrick, Sturridge, Cleverley, Smalling for example.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Micah Richards is our best RB by far. Lescott is a disaster waiting to happen and I still have no idea what Gareth Barry supposedly brings to a team.
Just because they play regularly for a big club side doesn't mean they are good enough. Carrick, Sturridge, Cleverley, Smalling for example.

That says more about you than Gareth Barry.

Carrick, Sturridge, Cleverley and Smalling are all very good footballers. What is your point?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Have to say that it the most pathetic squad of England players i can remember seeing. I doubt 1-2 would get into the Spain, Germany or Holland team.

I would have picked Richards, Lennon, Bent and Sturridge instead of Carroll, Welbeck, Downing and Johnson. We will miss Wishere and Ferdinand.

But even with that it is a quite useless set if players, how Dofoe is still a regualar i have no idea just shows the state of English players now. Would have thought Gerrard, Lampard, Milner and Barry to be long gone all offer the same thing.

Will be surprised if we get though our group

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Honestly? Matt Jarvis (8 goals, 4 assists in the worst team in the league), Adam Johnson (best all round winger we have IMO), Aaron Lennon (and play Young LW as he was so effective for Villa), and probably Sturridge even (Play him right wing and Young on the left).

He's done nothing this year, nothing, 0 goals and 0 assists is truely awful.

young is definitely in the squad as a left winger

jarvis- nope....would be woefully out of his depth at international level

sturridge, lennon and johnson would both be on the right.....walcott and oxlade-chamberlain are the right wingers so would be there instead of one of them, not downing

i don't think downing is particularly great, just that i haven't seen many CERTAIN alternatives to him as a LEFT winger

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
''UK riots as incorrect selection of 23 average players are chosen from pool of 35 average players"

Courtesy of @oilysailor on twitter (worth a follow, head of UK content at Opta)

20 minutes must be some kind of record for that much of a volte face, surely?

Richards is first-choice RB for the English champions, surely that's a no-brainer?

I'm sure you are just trying to be controversial but you are making yourself look pretty idiotic IMHO. How much of these players have you actually seen this season? Barry and Lescott have been absolutely excellent for Man City this season.

I would have tinkered a bit around the edges (e.g. Richards for Johnson, Jagielka for Terry, Sturridge for Defoe and Johnson for Downing) but ultimately Hodgson hasn't got a great pool of players to go with and I don't think he's done the horrendous job some would make out.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
young is definitely in the squad as a left winger

jarvis- nope....would be woefully out of his depth at international level

sturridge, lennon and johnson would both be on the right.....walcott and oxlade-chamberlain are the right wingers so would be there instead of one of them, not downing

i don't think downing is particularly great, just that i haven't seen many CERTAIN alternatives to him as a LEFT winger

I thought Johnson was a left winger? So Young and Johnson for me. I'd still have him over Downing even if he prefers the right wing. Oxlade-Chamberlain is nowhere near international standard, he's only just broken into the Premier League. Jarvis plays against the worlds best week in week out, in arguably the best league in the world, what more can he do to prove himself? His stats shit all over Downings.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
''UK riots as incorrect selection of 23 average players are chosen from pool of 35 average players"

Courtesy of @oilysailor on twitter (worth a follow, head of UK content at Opta)

gets it just about right

people can be very tedious even when they are being entirely predictable :yawn:

I thought Johnson was a left winger? So Young and Johnson for me. I'd still have him over Downing even if he prefers the right wing. Oxlade-Chamberlain is nowhere near international standard, he's only just broken into the Premier League. Jarvis plays against the worlds best week in week out, in arguably the best league in the world, what more can he do to prove himself? His stats shit all over Downings.

Every time I've seen Johnson for Man City and England he's played on the right cutting in. I've also had the impression (although I don't profess to follow it that closely) that he's played less and less for City as the season has gone on. I would have him in the squad ahead of Downing, certainly.

From what I've seen of Oxlade-Chamberlain I think he's generally been excellent (allowing for the odd anonymous game that someone that age is bound to have). It's all a matter of opinions of course but I'd much rather take him than Jarvis, who has looked a bit limited when I've seen him on MOTD.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he has picked a team,get over it,and stop f***ing moaning,christ i thought brighton were back playing

Oct 25, 2003

johnson plays right wing......if you took him over downing you'd have 3 right wingers and 1 left winger

as for jarvis....surely you've followed football long enough to know that league form often doesn't transfer to the international stage.......jarvis isn't an international footballer in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here