Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Dissapointing, surely Carrick should at least be ahead of Henderson, and would have liked to of seen Richards and Sturridge in there, how Downing gets in the squad is a mystery.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we need five strikers in view of the Rooney position. If Caroll gets injured in the first match, we might have needed Crouch. I would have preferred Adam Johnson to Downing.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To all the people moaning about the squad, that's the best England have. Like it or not, that's the best we can do. Micah Richards MUST be injured, there's no other reason for him not being in there, surely. Nobody left out who is any better. Scholes and Foster, presumably, said no.

You do have to ask yourself what some people want don't you. Are we suddenty going to be able to call up Ronaldo or Xavi to solve our problems?

Downing still doesn't make sense though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My initial impressions/thoughts:

Why the **** has no one close to them managed to get Foster or Robinson to change their minds.

Downing is a joke.

I have been saying this for about 20 years, but take 5 strikers, they are who wins you trophies. And more so when your best one is banned for two games.

Glad to see Defoe in, and the Ox (but he must now feature, unlike Theo in WC 2006).

Crouch unlucky, Carroll very lucky.

Terry is a ****.

That is all.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I think there must be some behind the scenes trouble with Micah Richards because there is absolutely no football reason why Capello and now Hodgson won't pick him. This squad leaves me feeling less than optimistic I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member 18477

To all the people moaning about the squad, that's the best England have. Like it or not, that's the best we can do. Micah Richards MUST be injured, there's no other reason for him not being in there, surely. Nobody left out who is any better. Scholes and Foster, presumably, said no.

adam johnson AND sturridge are both better than downing playing wide.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Exactly, I'm not sure wtf people expect! I can't think of any shocking omission, Zamora was never ever ever in with a chance.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
unbelievable. Downing and carroll - WHY? No sturridge, richards or a.johnson, but we still get the old crap of gerrards lampard and terry. At least ox and welbeck are in there...and ferdinand isn't.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Only thing I'm pissed off about is that we're not taking Micah Richards, Glenn Johnson is all good going forward but he can't get back to the defend! Should be taking Crouch as well.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
For me Johnson is better than Walcott, Downing, or Milner. I'd have him and Sturridge over two of those. England have a lot of predictable players in the squad, those would add the ability to do something unexpected. I think you need that at international level. Seems like we could maybe do with another striker too.

Lennon and Carrick not even getting a mention is a little odd.

But overall the only complaints are minor, England just don't have that good a pool of players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here