Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England display ... utter rubbish

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That has to be one of the worst and most boring England displays I've ever had the misfortune to watch.

And Stuart Downing was the worst of the worst with Owen not far behind.

The only player to have a good game was Owen Hargreaves, with Gareth Barry being maybe OK.

The rest ... absolute crap.

So much for our fantastic new manager and all he's going to bring to the team!

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Typical..... give Capello a chance!

As for Downing, you are spot on. Although Cashley Cole was equally shite.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Typical..... give Capello a chance!

As for Downing, you are spot on. Although Cashley Cole was equally shite.

Ashley Cole had an OK first half; crap second half.

How come the cream of England soccer are unable to cross the ball?

And what the hell was the point of playing Beckham? Is he going to be in the team for the World Cup qualifiers? No! So don't start him. We need to look to the future, not backwards. He should have had ten minutes at the end for his 100th cap and then consign him to the dustbin.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
That was boring. Why are we playing one upfront?! Our passing was ok, but we didn't have any attacking threat with Rooney up there on his own. Beckham was dreadful and definitely not 100% match-fit. Hopefully this will be the end of him. Ashley Cole was ok in the first half, but second half it looked at times he didn't really give a shit. I thought Hargreaves had a good game, definitely my mom.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Overpaid
Overpampered
Overhyped
Premier League Pansies

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Unsurprisingly, we were poor. When was the last time we played anyone half way decent and we could say about any of our players that they really caused the opposition problems? Ribery and Anelka were a real handful tonight and we were really no threat at all. It's hard not to draw the conclusion that our best players are simply not as good as everyone thinks they are. They disappoint time after time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just do what i do....give up watching the shower of shite.At least we lost a game when it dosnt actually matter,we normally win those.

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
We just don't have a striker the rest of the world fear. That is the difference between us and the top international sides.

It really dawned on me tonight just how crap we are. And I mean as in we're not even in the world's top 15 anymore. Thuram, Ribery and Anelka completely owned us. We couldn't even string 3 passes together.

Capello must be wondering what the hell he's got himself in for.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I dont think he was blaming the manager there more the standard of crap players we have.

Actually Capello does take part of the blame. If he's such a fecking shit hot manager why can't he:
a) pick a better team, and
b) get more out of the 11 he has on the pitch?

We were bloody woeful for most of the game. No energy, no drive, no enthusiasm.

And then he's interviewed and can't even speak our bloody language.

It was a shite display. I know it was only a friendly but the least they could and SHOULD do is show some f***ing URGENCY. England's game seemed laboured throughout with very few players coming out with any credit at all.

David James did little wrong, apart from the ridiculous penalty. How he thought he was going to be able to gather that ball is beyond me. 5

Wes Orange was utterly dreadful. Just appalling. If he's the best right back we can find then we're f***ed. 2

Cashley Cole just seemed to be attempting to coast through, and when he did get forward couldn't get a cross, or even a pass anywhere near an England player. Lescott should be in at left back. 3

England's brave John Terry demonstrated once again why his position is very much in doubt. Poor distribution and getting caught out of position and unaware for Anelka's run which led to the penalty. 4

Captain Rio Ferdinand didn't really do anything wrong, but doesn't exactly inspire the rest does he. 6

Centurian Goldenbollocks wasn't entirely on the pace, but didn't really do a lot wrong. A couple of needless Hollywood balls and a pointless booking. 6

Joe Cole tried to be creative but really wasn't able to do much, and kept finding the space he needed being filled by Rooney and Gerrard. 6

Owen Hargreaves was probably the best player for England tonight. Tenacious and full of running at the end, attempting to create in the second half to compensate for two defensive midfielders. 8

Gareth Barry wasn't too far behind Hargreaves, he did little wrong. 7

Stevie Gerrard didn't look at all comfortable in that role, but I think that was entirely because he had Rooney in front of him, except he NEVER had Rooney in front of him. 6

Wayne Rooney can't play up on his own. Constantly dropping deep, then not being in the box when he was needed. Play him in the hole if you want to play that formation. 5

Subs

Lescott did nothing wrong, should start at left back really. 6

Downing was f***ing dreadful, can't cross, kept coming inside when we needed the width. Utter shite. 2

Owen did very little, didn't even look lively. 5

Crouch battled for the ball and tried to link play but Owen was often too far away from him. 6

Bentley produced little end product when he had a few decent chances. 5

Johnson, couldn't possibly be worse than Brown. 6

Rubbish display, no passion, no effort. Considering these players are supposed to be playing for their international futures they barely seemed arsed to be there at all.

Actually Capello does take part of the blame. If he's such a fecking shit hot manager why can't he:

To be fair at least he's willing to experiment in friendlies unlike SpacClaren who would have just played his "best" 11. And then lost.

Gerrard was shite so he hauled him off at half time. Unlike Spacker who would've persisted with him because in his eyes, he was untouchable. And if anything, he would have learnt a few things, ie Rooney on his own up front doesn't work and Downing and Beckham need never earn another England cap again.

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Wes Brown has got to be the worst player ever to wear the colours for England!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Oooops sorry I stuck my old nose in:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here