Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England are the most BORING cricket team on the planet

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
145 to win. Half way there and still only 1 wicket down. Looks cut and dried.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...don't say things like that Doug...we are talking English cricket here...expert at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fantastic stuff from England this morning, from down and out this time yesterday they have fought back maginificently and now look a shoe in for victory.

Well done boys!

:clap2:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Boring Andrew Strauss reaches his 3rd fifty in row... 118-1.

Isn't Test Match cricket, especially England's way of playing it, just SO DULL? :yawn:

Sarky twat. When I originally posted the thread, Michael Vaughan had just spent 133 balls getting a meagre 30, Pietersen had tossed around for 80 balls getting the scratchiest 26 I have ever witnessed and Bell and Collingwood had faced several balls for f*** all. All this in a test match AT HOME to a team ranked SEVENTH in the ICC Test Championship. The run rate was UNDER 1.50 and the game was tedious as shit. This was on a pitch where batting aggressively was an absolute must, given the unpredictable nature of the pitch. Look at how New Zealand batted in the first innings, idiot.

Since then, England (well, Panesar) have bowled very well and they have come out and batted with a little more positivity, thank f***. None of this changes my view that English cricket has been coma-inducingly boring for the last couple of years. The batsmen have played with fear and have bored me to tears. We won the Ashes in 2005 by batting aggressively. Why we have reversed that policy I will never know.

The only reason we are in a position to win this match is because Monty bowled beautifully, not because of anything the batsmen did. He dragged us out of this mess and if New Zealand had got anywhere near their first innings total we would be dead and buried. I was criticising the batsmen, not the bowlers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
223/2, only 71 needed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sarky twat. When I originally posted the thread, Michael Vaughan had just spent 133 balls getting a meagre 30, Pietersen had tossed around for 80 balls getting the scratchiest 26 I have ever witnessed and Bell and Collingwood had faced several balls for f*** all. All this in a test match AT HOME to a team ranked SEVENTH in the ICC Test Championship. The run rate was UNDER 1.50 and the game was tedious as shit. This was on a pitch where batting aggressively was an absolute must, given the unpredictable nature of the pitch. Look at how New Zealand batted in the first innings, idiot.

Since then, England (well, Panesar) have bowled very well and they have come out and batted with a little more positivity, thank f***. None of this changes my view that English cricket has been coma-inducingly boring for the last couple of years. The batsmen have played with fear and have bored me to tears. We won the Ashes in 2005 by batting aggressively. Why we have reversed that policy I will never know.

The only reason we are in a position to win this match is because Monty bowled beautifully, not because of anything the batsmen did. He dragged us out of this mess and if New Zealand had got anywhere near their first innings total we would be dead and buried. I was criticising the batsmen, not the bowlers.

but didn`t England and Monty attack with their bowling............... its a team game Chesney.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what a contrast to the other day when we batted like absolute wankers! Good stuff, 54 to go...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
England win by 6 wickets.

:clap2:

Tremendous stuff, a comprehensive victory after many had written them off yesterday lunchtime.

Well done boys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here