England are the most BORING cricket team on the planet

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All done and dusted by tea. Told you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presume they will pick the same 12 for the next test match but as Lloyd said Collignwood is so out of form but is there another batsman about who is in form and could take his place..............................Matt Prior.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Is that the same Anderson who was the only fast bowler on either side to take five wickets in the match? and the one who took five wickets in the last test match too?

Its the James Anderson who bowled 20 overs in the first innings for 118 runs, despite bowling on a pitch offering extraordinary pace and bounce. (Yes, he picked up four wickets but you are conveniently forgetting that three of those were the last three batsmen, including Chris Martin - widely regarded as the poorest batsman in the history of test cricket).

It is the same James Anderson who is a proven failure in test cricket and has a test bowling average of 37. Compare that average to Sidebottom (26), Hoggard (30), Simon Jones (28), Flintoff (32), the much-criticised Harmison (31) and the player I am suggesting replacing him with - Chris Tremlett (29). Oh, and all bar two of the above have a better batting average than Anderson.

But if you are happy to stick by a player who go for SIX runs an over on a seamer friendly pitch at home to the SEVENTH best test side in the world, before picking up three easy wickets against those batting giants Mills, O'Brien and Chris f***ing Martin then I am very glad that you are not a selector.

PS - well done on conveniently ignoring my earlier post, in response to you, on page 3.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Presume they will pick the same 12 for the next test match but as Lloyd said Collignwood is so out of form but is there another batsman about who is in form and could take his place..............................Matt Prior.

Not sure I would drop Collingwood just yet, I think if I was to bring in Prior it would still probably be for Ambrose.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Ches you need to calm down a bit. But your point is valid regarding our approach to batting, particulary in the first innings.

having said that, amazing victory from the position we were in.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is that the same Anderson who was the only fast bowler on either side to take five wickets in the match? and the one who took five wickets in the last test match too?

or the same one who has just clean bowled Redmond and McCullum with pacey and late-swinging deliveries in the opening overs of their first innings? (and who also contributed 28 very welcome runs with the bat in a 76 run 8th wicket partnership?)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
or the same one who has just clean bowled Redmond and McCullum with pacey and late-swinging deliveries in the opening overs of their first innings? (and who also contributed 28 very welcome runs with the bat in a 76 run 8th wicket partnership?)

and has just added two more of the top order just after tea. 62-4

Bowling James :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and now it a Michelle... another 5 wicket haul for James Anderson... for the 3rd Test Match in a row he takes 5 in the match (and the top 5 NZ batters too) and we're only half way through the first innings:clap2:

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Not sure I would drop Collingwood just yet, I think if I was to bring in Prior it would still probably be for Ambrose.

Do you know anything about Cricket, probably not! How is Funky these days.

Anderson - you would drop him! lol.....

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Its the James Anderson who bowled 20 overs in the first innings for 118 runs, despite bowling on a pitch offering extraordinary pace and bounce. (Yes, he picked up four wickets but you are conveniently forgetting that three of those were the last three batsmen, including Chris Martin - widely regarded as the poorest batsman in the history of test cricket).

It is the same James Anderson who is a proven failure in test cricket and has a test bowling average of 37. Compare that average to Sidebottom (26), Hoggard (30), Simon Jones (28), Flintoff (32), the much-criticised Harmison (31) and the player I am suggesting replacing him with - Chris Tremlett (29). Oh, and all bar two of the above have a better batting average than Anderson.

But if you are happy to stick by a player who go for SIX runs an over on a seamer friendly pitch at home to the SEVENTH best test side in the world, before picking up three easy wickets against those batting giants Mills, O'Brien and Chris f***ing Martin then I am very glad that you are not a selector.

PS - well done on conveniently ignoring my earlier post, in response to you, on page 3.

Come back to bite you in the arse hasn't it? :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Uncle Speilberg for the nags and now Chesney for the cricket :clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did anyone mention that James Anderson figures in the NZ first innings were the BEST EVER, in the entire history of Test Match cricket, by a fast bowler at Trent Bridge?

Not bad, eh?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
James Anderson, 19 wickets in the 3 match series at 19.3 a piece (and the leading wicket taker in either team). Not bad, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here