Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Abuse!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's not the right man for the job and I would like him to stand down............

BUT..........

Once again the press have gone over the top on their assasination of the guy. To boo the team after 20 mins was OTT.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The players deserved everything they got. It is not knee-jerk reaction, it was the culmination of a string of very poor results, climaxing in a terrible performance against a team of part-times.

The players lap up the plaudits, they should take the criticism on the chin.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My favourite part was when Gerrard and Downing played a one two around the bin man, then gerrard passed it to defoe who flicked it past the ski instructor back to gerrard who took it past the accountant before calmly placing it past the on rushing school teacher

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
mendoza10 said:
My favourite part was when Gerrard and Downing played a one two around the bin man,

Shouldnt that be 'when Downing tried to control it but couldnt and Gerrard took over...'

As you rightly point out Brett, they were part-timers who I would expect any Championship side to beat let alone an England team.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Uncle Buck said:
The fans?

People that have probably paid out in nearly £1000 in the last 4 days to go to Isreal and then Barcelona and seen two huge piles of shite served up?

You pays your money you has your say.

Uncle, of course they are entitled to their say but no need to be so vociferous about it so early on in the game. I can't believe that would happen with any other country.

I don't buy into the dedicated fan argument either. For a lot of them it's a nice jolly up and opportunity to get pissed up with your mates. Take alcohol out of the equation and how many would still want to go? Nothing wrong with that or course, but not superfan material either.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Willow said:
Uncle, of course they are entitled to their say but no need to be so vociferous about it so early on in the game. I can't believe that would happen with any other country.

I don't buy into the dedicated fan argument either. For a lot of them it's a nice jolly up and opportunity to get pissed up with your mates. Take alcohol out of the equation and how many would still want to go? Nothing wrong with that or course, but not superfan material either.

If you have gone to Israel and then Spain in a week there is an element of Superfan to it. A lot of money and all that.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Mclaren is a wanker was clearly heard for most of the game. [/B][/QUOTE]

I just don't go along with that. He's not a wanker, he's a man out of his depth, promoted well beyond his abilities but a weak FA. They buggered up the selection process after several years of the press baying for the blood of the Swede. Sven didn't help himself, in fact he made a tit of himself on several occasions, the randy old bastard, but he was never that bad as a manager.

No one particularly wanted McClaren in charge, but I don't think his selections or formation last night was massively different to what most fans wanted. (Lampard out/dropped, Lennon on the right, Stevie G in the middle ish).

I think last night was breaking point for some very long suffering travelling fans. I think fans are sick of, in no particular order...

- over praised but mediocre English players
- Cashley Cole type stories
- general Chelsea bollocks
- the very top of the game constantly taking the piss out of the rest of it (Liverpool reserves in the Championship anyone?)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
people do forget that McLaren was 3rd choice. Big Phil Scolari, Gus Hiddink and then Mclaren...and people wanted an English manager!!!

I wa svery dissapointed with Downing, Ashley Cole and Rooney yesterday. i would even go so far as to say that rooney was a liability ...if he can be wound up by some indian amatuer footballer, then how the hell is he going to cope with Italy or france.....and the same goes for Ashley Cole.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
people do forget that McLaren was 3rd choice. Big Phil Scolari, Gus Hiddink and then Mclaren...and people wanted an English manager!!!

I wa svery dissapointed with Downing, Ashley Cole and Rooney yesterday. i would even go so far as to say that rooney was a liability ...if he can be wound up by some indian amatuer footballer, then how the hell is he going to cope with Italy or france.....and the same goes for Ashley Cole.

He was second choice, the FA never even formally interviewed Hiddink.

They went for Scholari, but once the press got wind of it, Scholari told them to stick it and the FA panicked and appointed McLaren.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:
He was second choice, the FA never even formally interviewed Hiddink.

They went for Scholari, but once the press got wind of it, Scholari told them to stick it and the FA panicked and appointed McLaren.

I stand corrected.

Its good to have you on this board Piers, making sure we are all accurate with our rants

:thumbsup:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dave the Gaffer said:

I was very dissapointed with Downing, Ashley Cole and Rooney yesterday.

Downing wasn't the only one but he had such a bad game. I think he thought we were playing in blue the amount of times he picked out and Andorran player.

On the Wider point England look like Middlesborough did last season. Safety first play with no real attacking spark or attacking nature. Its only a matter of time before Mclaren is sacked or walks, lets hope he goes before we don't qualify for the Euro's.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:
That is OK.

Maybe I could be a bit more patronising and use a few more put downs when correcting people?

no you do just fine

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here