Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of the Falmer Station burger van

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I bet you lot would bloody complain if it was next to your house and wasn't football related. Honestly, some people have such an ignorant, blind love of the Albion that anyone that speaks out against something even loosely related to the team you immediately make them your personal enemy. Who in the hell would want queues and the rancid stench of fat and cheap burgers being cooked next to the end of their garden. And let's not get onto how many of you would have kicked off if someone wanted to build something as big as the Amex in your pretty little village if it wasn't for something you were into.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I STILL don't get why the club don't do this. There's plenty of room for it, and it would relieve a lot of pressure on the kiosks on the concourses.

Cost/Lost revenue. There may be a bit of incremental sales but for the most part those buying from the outside vendors will be taking business away from the Azure concourse outlets. Club can take a "rent" from the vendors but would never make up for what is lost through the concourses, of if they tried to charge a rent/take a cut that would make it profitable then it wouldn't be worth the vendor doing it. Just assumption but can't see any other reason. Pity that margins on pies and burgers lead to an inferior offering, there's enough space to have all sorts of food outlets on the ramps around the stadium

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cost/Lost revenue. There may be a bit of incremental sales but for the most part those buying from the outside vendors will be taking business away from the Azure concourse outlets. Club can take a "rent" from the vendors but would never make up for what is lost through the concourses, of if they tried to charge a rent/take a cut that would make it profitable then it wouldn't be worth the vendor doing it. Just assumption but can't see any other reason. Pity that margins on pies and burgers lead to an inferior offering, there's enough space to have all sorts of food outlets on the ramps around the stadium

I wasn't saying about opening it up to independent traders. Surely Azure could put a few of their chimps in some kiosks outside the stadium to peddle the same tatt they sell on the concourses ? (Minus the alcohol I suppose, there's bound to be some bylaw preventing us from enjoying a pint outside the ground before going in).

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Can the residents really not put up with it 2hours every other week? I could understand if it was everyday, don't they have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon. More custom for the swan I suppose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can the residents really not put up with it 2hours every other week? I could understand if it was everyday, don't they have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon. More custom for the swan I suppose.

What if they have some friends or family over for a Saturday afternoon barbecue, only to it ruined by the smell of burgers and fried onions drifting acro...

...oh, hang on.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I bet you lot would bloody complain if it was next to your house and wasn't football related. Honestly, some people have such an ignorant, blind love of the Albion that anyone that speaks out against something even loosely related to the team you immediately make them your personal enemy. Who in the hell would want queues and the rancid stench of fat and cheap burgers being cooked next to the end of their garden. And let's not get onto how many of you would have kicked off if someone wanted to build something as big as the Amex in your pretty little village if it wasn't for something you were into.

Damn strizzy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sorry got to disagree as I think it would increase their trade and turnover drastically as I am sure that many who eat pies wouldn't change to buying burgers because they are the ones that rave about them and if they so desired could have bought a Burger from the stall. It would possibly mean the people that buy burgers and hot dogs and consistently complain about them would then buy from the stall as would a lot of other people that as yet do not buy food at The AMEX.

As a by the by they could also have chicken stalls on the lines of KFC, which again are very popular.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I have stopped eating and drinking up the Amex purely on the fact that the food is dire and the prices are astronomical. I now grab a burger/Kebab from just outside Hove station after a game. Medium Donna is £3.90 packed with meat. Yum YUM.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After having blamed the club, Barber (joke) the NIMBYs and everyone else, when I read the article it does seem as though the burger van owner has to take some of the blame.

However in February, he was given one month to shut down his business after the council ruled he was operating without planning permission.

Mr McGill submitted two planning applications for permanent permission but the council says both were returned to him as key information was missing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry got to disagree as I think it would increase their trade and turnover drastically as I am sure that many who eat pies wouldn't change to buying burgers because they are the ones that rave about them and if they so desired could have bought a Burger from the stall. It would possibly mean the people that buy burgers and hot dogs and consistently complain about them would then buy from the stall as would a lot of other people that as yet do not buy food at The AMEX.

As a by the by they could also have chicken stalls on the lines of KFC, which again are very popular.

If Azure do it who would eat that crap apart from the people that are already doing so on the concourse? If it went to external vendors then the club would have to charge a hefty "pitch rent" cos all the grub trade would move out of the concourse and all that profit would be gone - the vendors prob couldn't afford it or the prices they'd need to charge would kill business, so I don't see it under the current regime.

Why like KFC? Go to any town now and pretty well at least once a week you can see top quality easily prepared "street food" of all types. It'll happen one day I reckon but not until a bit of progressive, out of the box thinking is introduced into the commercial structure. In the meantime we'll have to put up with crap and increasing prices - novel!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here