Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of the Falmer Station burger van

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Anybody on here know who owns the strip land that goes down to the bridge car park, is it the Albion? If not why couldn't the Burger van guy operate from behind the station on that side.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There's a burger van about 100 metres from my flat and it's surprisingly stinky so not surprised the neighbours complained really. They didn't ask for a football ground on the doorstep so it seems fair enough that they wanted shot of this. Getting rid of it appears to be nothing at all to do with the club so no idea why people are on their high horses about that...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the residents are being a bit snooty. Had it served oysters and champagne then I bet they would not have objected.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just proves what a shocking situation this all is, poor transport, no burger vans, pies that sell out or are sometimes cold, a team that doesn't win every game, it really is enough to make anyone very depressed.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
..........Mr McGill submitted two planning applications for permanent permission but the council says both were returned to him as key information was missing.

Seems as if he wasn't exactly keen to get the council to approve his request - deserves what he got.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's a kind of entrepreneur it's a shame really it's totally on private land and not really doing any one any harm.
It's just the law, we're not allowed to suddenly sell burgers from our property. I couldn't put a burger van on my drive.
I still don't see what Paul Barber has to do with any of this
I think it was just an attempt at a joke.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Well that's absolute shit, the food at the burger van is lovely! I swear this has meant to have happened before but yet it's still always serving up!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This problem is easily overcome, do the same as Reading, and have burger vans on the approach to the ground that are run on behalf of the club. Sorry forgot no stall must be on the approaches due to the licence and health and safety except for the fact that there is a mobile club shop van operating on there.

The point is that in general the selection and quality of food at The Amex is crap. I know that some people rave about the pies but they are not to everybody taste and pocket. That stall provided an alternative at a reasonable price, that most could afford if taking a couple of children.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So our water mellon council strike again, killing another small business.

Should not be surprised as their stupid parking charges must be hurting traders in the city and there converting lanes into cycle lanes is not going to help with people coming into the city.

Do feel for the guy, I though we were meant to be a nation of shop keepers and small businesses.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This problem is easily overcome, do the same as Reading, and have burger vans on the approach to the ground that are run on behalf of the club. Sorry forgot no stall must be on the approaches due to the licence and health and safety except for the fact that there is a mobile club shop van operating on there.

I STILL don't get why the club don't do this. There's plenty of room for it, and it would relieve a lot of pressure on the kiosks on the concourses.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So our water mellon council strike again, killing another small business.

Should not be surprised as their stupid parking charges must be hurting traders in the city and there converting lanes into cycle lanes is not going to help with people coming into the city.

Do feel for the guy, I though we were meant to be a nation of shop keepers and small businesses.

Any council would have done the same - they'd have been obliged to, as has been proved by the government-level decision.

Party politics has nothing to do with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here