Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employ me please

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd suggest cold canvasing.

Go through a phone book or any kind of business directory and jot down the numbers and addresses of businesses that interest you.

Then you can either send off a resume in the mail, call them enquiring about work or drop a resume into them in person.

Not sure about in England but over here only around 20% of all jobs are advertised.

Often businesses do have work available but they just haven't advertised or go through different channels to find workers.

Added to that, approaching in this manner shows them you have good initiative and are keen to work.

Best of luck.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
AdrianDINho said:
FFS, we were talking about employment but every thread you create gets turned in to your love life.

Its called ATTENTION SEEKING

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Have you any interest in working in a nursery Gina? I know the nursery on handcross hill was looking for summer workers (I saw it in the paper some time ago)...can't remember what type of work it was but if that sort of thing interests you you might have a look around their web sites to see if they are advertising for help.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
At super markets pretty much anyone can get a job and they need to fill their quotas.

Gina you would be perfectly capable of doing check out work, no probs. Most of the shop floor based positions go to blokes anyway as they involve heavy lifting. I for example used to take in a lot of deliveries to the back door.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gluteus Maximus said:
At 5.50 an hour you were cheap Les.

I was only 17 mate and it was 1998 so I was much cheaper than that.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
ginadim said:

Here is my CV.

Previous experience in customer service and working with kids.

Thanks.

Yep I have to admit, you've been working most of the kids on here for months;)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The Complete Badger said:
Agreed. I used to work for Sainsburys, and whilst the majority of the people were fantastic, there are definitely a few 'special' cases thrown in for good measure.

Wow, what a forward-thinking, 21st century view you have. I hope for your sake you don't ever get afflicted by any kind of disability if your attitude towards those people is anything to go by.

:tosser:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
samparish said:
Wow, what a forward-thinking, 21st century view you have. I hope for your sake you don't ever get afflicted by any kind of disability if your attitude towards those people is anything to go by.

:tosser:
I think you've taken the PC view when TCB was being sarcastic, and not being harsh to the disabled, but taken the piss out of peple that are generally a bit thick (without having any disabiity - mental or otherwise).

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Woodchip said:
I think you've taken the PC view when TCB was being sarcastic, and not being harsh to the disabled, but taken the piss out of peple that are generally a bit thick (without having any disabiity - mental or otherwise).

Hmm maybe I have, in which I suppose he's not a tosser. Nevertheless, as my brother is disabled I don't personally feel it's a subject that it's particularly appropriate to approach with sarcasm or attempts at humour.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
I for example used to take in a lot of deliveries to the back door.

You just cant help yourself can you :lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Sainsburys only choose the best of the best?! I worked at sainsburys when i was at school and there were some f***ing SPASTICS there. They take anyone.

Best place for getting jobs is agencies BUT they will probably be based in a call centre in which 'a small part of you will die every day, forever'.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
the full harris said:
Sainsburys only choose the best of the best?! I worked at sainsburys when i was at school and there were some f***ing SPASTICS there. They take anyone.

Best place for getting jobs is agencies BUT they will probably be based in a call centre in which 'a small part of you will die every day, forever'.

I thought NSC was the best place for getting jobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here