Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employ me please

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zesh Rehman said:
yep thats exactly it, i know adrie away from nsc and we dont like eachother :)

:tosser:

1066gull

Zesh Rehman said:
yep thats exactly it, i know adrie away from nsc and we dont like eachother :)
'someone is acting all hard on nsc, and cant speak to me in private', something you always said to me

just put me on ignore and never speak to me ever again

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ginadim said:
Hello, I need a summer job in the mid/west Sussex area. Day time. Preferably non-physical.

Here is my CV in 7 lines.

I've got 12 GCSEs, 3 A-Levels, Doing a BSc/Econ.
OK with computers.
Clean driving license.
Foundation Certificate In Food Hygiene.
Punctual, reliable, organised etc.
Previous experience in customer service and working with kids.
References available on request.

Any suggestions / offers greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EDF Energy in Hove are usually looking for people.

Or the PALACE Pier

1066gull

Supermarkets are always good Gina, Budgens, Somerfield or Coop will suti you as they give everyone a chance unlike the Tescos etc who only pick the best because there too proud.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
AdrianDINho said:
Supermarkets are always good Gina, Budgens, Somerfield or Coop will suti you as they give everyone a chance unlike the Tescos etc who only pick the best because there too proud.

Why wouldn't Tesco pick her then?

1066gull

reigate said:
Why wouldn't Tesco pick her then?
Thought gina said she is semi-disabled, and the tescos, sainsburys and asda for example pick people who are perfect for the job, whilst the other smallers supermarkets give people who struggle a chance.

Got a mate who has a bit of dyslexia working in Budgens. Sainsburys wouldn't give him a chance if there were other applicants alongside him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
AdrianDINho said:
Got a mate who has a bit of dyslexia working in Budgens. Sainsburys wouldn't give him a chance if there were other applicants alongside him.

Surely that's illegal?

Unless his dyslexia affects his ability to do his job, they can't have any right not to employ him specifically because of that?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
AdrianDINho said:
'someone is acting all hard on nsc, and cant speak to me in private', something you always said to me

just put me on ignore and never speak to me ever again

LOL

i love the way your trying to act like mr clever man now when everyone knows that your a complete LOSER and IDIOT. if you wanna speak in private then pm me you CONK !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Zesh Rehman said:
LOL

i love the way your trying to act like mr clever man now when everyone knows that your a complete LOSER and IDIOT. if you wanna speak in private then pm me you CONK !

Pot. Kettle. Quite the keyboard warrior aren't we?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Picked up application form for Somerfield earlier. To be honest Aids, I'd probably be better at checkout work than some of the gormless types employed at the moment. I may have physical difficulties, but there is certainly nothing wrong with my ability to scan items and be nice to customers.

Also, on application forms, there is no part to declare dyslexia, so I fail to see how your mate would have been discriminated against. He's not mentally impaired, so an employer wouldn't need that kind of information unless he was expected to write as part of his job.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
ginadim said:
Picked up application form for Somerfield earlier. To be honest Aids, I'd probably be better at checkout work than some of the gormless types employed at the moment. I may have physical difficulties, but there is certainly nothing wrong with my ability to scan items and be nice to customers.

Also, on application forms, there is no part to declare dyslexia, so I fail to see how your mate would have been discriminated against. He's not mentally impaired, so an employer wouldn't need that kind of information unless he was expected to write as part of his job.

Well, you would have to consider how difficult you would find lifting, say, a crate of beer to scan it. Plus they do seem to spend a lot of time on their feet.

Maybe Adrie's mate struggled with filling in the application form cos of his dyslexia?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:
Well, you would have to consider how difficult you would find lifting, say, a crate of beer to scan it. Plus they do seem to spend a lot of time on their feet.

Maybe Adrie's mate struggled with filling in the application form cos of his dyslexia?

I thought about that. I'd be alright sitting down on the checkout. And doing the occasional heavy item. I never thought finding a job would be this difficult. Such a shame I can't go back to my old job.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:
Lloyds Registrars are always recruiting so you should be able to get something in there. Reed deal with them.

Registrars has just been sold to a company theat are world famous for asset stripping companies they have bought so I would be surprised if you could get much out there at the moment and if you do please be careful.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Frutos said:
Surely that's illegal?

Unless his dyslexia affects his ability to do his job, they can't have any right not to employ him specifically because of that?

100% Correct Fruity old chap.It is against the 2004 DDA Act

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
AdrianDINho said:

That's nonsense, I used to work for Tesco alongside quite a few people with various disabilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here