Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Martinez

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's be honest, probably Maupay's fault we lost tonight. Had he not nudged Leno out of the box and the subsequent injury then Martinez wouldn't have got the chance to shine at the back end of last season and would probably have disappeared abroad. That said, most of those saves were straightforward.

Just spotted my deliberate error. Sorry folks, obviously meant why we didn't win!!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I disagree. The Burn header was a world class save and if our keeper had made it, would rightly have it's own thread.

Most of the chances last night weren’t hit that well, were fairly close to Martinez, or from a long way out. Or a combination.
Sanchez would have saved all of them.
The only one in question was the Burn header. Sanchez would have saved it for sure, Ryan possibly not.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Most of the chances last night weren’t hit that well, were fairly close to Martinez, or from a long way out. Or a combination.
Sanchez would have saved all of them.
The only one in question was the Burn header. Sanchez would have saved it for sure, Ryan possibly not.

We'll never know. Numerous other things could have happened, Sanchez may have organised his defence differently, or come for the cross and missed. It's a what if scenario with no answer. What we do know is that their keeper saved it, and personally as I say, I think it was a superb save.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We'll never know. Numerous other things could have happened, Sanchez may have come for the cross and missed. It's a what if scenario with no answer. What we do know is that their keeper saved it, and personally as I say, I think it was a superb save.

???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not sure he was that great. A couple of decent saves but the rest were glaring misses or shots straight at him. I get the feeling this thread has a sub text to deflect attention from another disappointing match of quite brilliant dominance of open play combined with woeful finishing by our forward players. I’m sure they will click into place at some point but it still isn’t happening.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Plenty of shots that are "expected to be saved" are not saved. No one would have raised an eyebrow saying "he should have got that" if he let that header in. It was a great save.

Yeah, plenty of shots that are expected to be saved are not saved. That doesn't make it a great save. If Maupay misses an open goal but then Grealish scores one, does that make it a great goal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here