Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Martinez

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He did his job well but think he and Villa would have been disappointed if he’d failed to make any of the saves he did tonight. All the shots were pretty close to him and think he made a few look like saves for the cameras.

I disagree. The Burn header was a world class save and if our keeper had made it, would rightly have it's own thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its an Amex voodoo, opposition keepers always have the game of their lives against us. Only three keepers haven't, two were carried off injured and one is somehow England number 1.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All routine saves from what I saw.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because they're trying to stop the team I support from winning. Childish? maybe, but I only support one team

It isn’t supporting the opposition to respect or admire skill by one of their players. Everyone admires Pele & Gordon Banks for a superb shot and a superb save but people don’t have to support Brazil or England to say so.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That summer rumour about us signing him makes a lot more sense these days doesn’t it!

Kind of, in a way, but feck knows if there was anything in it considering they had been working with Sanchez for a while by then, and looking at the financial accounts. Think its improbable a bid was made at all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was a good save but one the keeper would be expected to make. Wasn't in the corner, wasn't overly powerful.

Plenty of shots that are "expected to be saved" are not saved. No one would have raised an eyebrow saying "he should have got that" if he let that header in. It was a great save.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Plenty of shots that are "expected to be saved" are not saved. No one would have raised an eyebrow saying "he should have got that" if he let that header in. It was a great save.

It had no power. Martinez could have unwrapped and eaten a whole bar of Marabou Mintkrokant in the time it took that ball to loop off Burn's head into his hands.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It isn’t supporting the opposition to respect or admire skill by one of their players. Everyone admires Pele & Gordon Banks for a superb shot and a superb save but people don’t have to support Brazil or England to say so.

Ah, but Pele or Gordon Banks weren't playing against the Albion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The best thing about Martinez last night was the fact that it all but guarantees Burnt Leno is going to throw the ball into his own net today.
Which in turn means this weeks Tuesday Club podcast will be most excellent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It had no power. Martinez could have unwrapped and eaten a whole bar of Marabou Mintkrokant in the time it took that ball to loop off Burn's head into his hands.

Your description is apt. Complete twaddle.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Heaton for Burnley two years ago? But if McAllister buries the header? The rest we gave him a chance with.

I think we had Watford either week before or week after that and Foster had a blinder too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Martinez single-handedly gained a point for Villa yesterday, with a top, top class performance. There may have been slightly better ones - Bogdan and Marshall have rightly been mentioned, but there have been others too. Unfortunately The Amex seems to inspire opposition GKs to have the game of their lives, their own personal 'they shall not pass' day when play could go on all night and they still wouldn't let one in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Your description is apt. Complete twaddle.

martinex.jpg

From nine yards. "No power" or not, plenty of keepers does not save that one.

:shrug:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Its an Amex voodoo, opposition keepers always have the game of their lives against us. Only three keepers haven't, two were carried off injured and one is somehow England number 1.

I think you forgot the Norwich Keeper. He had an absolute shocker against us, he was awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here