Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Martinez

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
is this not the third (or even fourth) GK we have reportedly been linked too & even put an offer on the table for ..... one rumour is just a rumour , two maybe a hint but three must show we have a serious intent on a GK either to challenge or replace Ryan as No.1

either Walton not what the club expected or injury is more serious than first thought or even Ryan has indicated a wish to move on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could you mention a few examples when two keepers on near equal terms competing for the choice of being first keeper didnt turn out into a complete shitshow? In the nature of the exposed goalie role, trust & confidence is more important than competition. Just look at the Mignolet vs Karius stuff in Liverpool - they both looked like they were going to shit themselves constantly because they knew a mistake or two would make them end up on the bench.

Shilton and Clements?

Yeah....you're right. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
BREAKING: Arsenal have accepted an offer from Aston Villa for goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.

Sky sports. Close thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
BREAKING: Arsenal have accepted an offer from Aston Villa for goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.

Sky sports. Close thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erm wasn’t that reported earlier in the thread? Suggested that he is having a medical at Villa but still considering our offer, so would imagine our offer (if we have made one) is agreeable too

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This window started so well but normal service now resumed and leaving it late for more signings.

Oooh have we reached the point of the transfer window when people start losing their shit over MOAR SINGINGS!!!! I hope so it's always top notch popcorn material.

tenor.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oooh have we reached the point of the transfer window when people start losing their shit over MOAR SINGINGS!!!! I hope so it's always top notch popcorn material.

tenor.gif

Hang around, it’ll get even better if we keep losing out on signings when other decent clubs are also in for the same players. Stock up on that popcorn and Michael Jackson videos.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

:lolol: so we are losing out because the other clubs are badly run? Thank feck for that, maybe we won’t have to spend more than 900k this window :thumbsup:

Hope we can avoid another Janssen end of the window though

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I just wonder how Villa can spend over £150 mil last summer , another £25 mil or so in Jan & so far another £44 mil this summer and still have £18 on the table for a goalie ....

is there no FFP in the prem as they sure cant have had that much income in 1 season and with covid empty grounds and 3 month suspension

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I just wonder how Villa can spend over £150 mil last summer , another £25 mil or so in Jan & so far another £44 mil this summer and still have £18 on the table for a goalie ....

is there no FFP in the prem as they sure cant have had that much income in 1 season and with covid empty grounds and 3 month suspension

Maybe it balances agains the cost of relegation, but if relegation does happen they will be royally fecked

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

FFP is effectively cancelled this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here