Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Martinez

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I just wonder how Villa can spend over £150 mil last summer , another £25 mil or so in Jan & so far another £44 mil this summer and still have £18 on the table for a goalie ....

is there no FFP in the prem as they sure cant have had that much income in 1 season and with covid empty grounds and 3 month suspension

Perhaps they can sell their ground again?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just wonder how Villa can spend over £150 mil last summer , another £25 mil or so in Jan & so far another £44 mil this summer and still have £18 on the table for a goalie ....

is there no FFP in the prem as they sure cant have had that much income in 1 season and with covid empty grounds and 3 month suspension

With Everton, both somehow getting around PL :lolol: sustainability rules.

Everton have spent approaching £600m on players in recent seasons. Everton’s annual income is only £46m more than ours, and a third of Liverpool’s who’ve only spent £23m on players in the last 4 windows.

The answer I think is simply that Everton and Villa are a law unto themselves. Not being in European competitions, means that UEFA’s FFP doesn’t come into play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Must admit this rumour seems like total rubbish.

Albion denying making a bid as well seems to back up that thought.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Must admit this rumour seems like total rubbish.

Albion denying making a bid as well seems to back up that thought.

what is strange is that AN saying Albion deny any bid. Almost all respected news agencies say the contrary...interesting as usually it would be one unreliable source and thats that..not this one..

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Erm wasn’t that reported earlier in the thread? Suggested that he is having a medical at Villa but still considering our offer, so would imagine our offer (if we have made one) is agreeable too

Naylor says we didn’t even make a bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Naylor says we didn’t even make a bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm two or three mainstream journalists reporting that we are interested and have made active enquiries, not sure Naylor is in the know at all these days, although still expect this guy to go to Villa.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hmm two or three mainstream journalists reporting that we are interested and have made active enquiries, not sure Naylor is in the know at all these days, although still expect this guy to go to Villa.

I actually thought the use of the word ‘formal’ bid suggests there was some contact.

Whether we spoke to the club or his agent ..... there was obviously a conversation.

And maybe his agent made the most of it to squeeze a bit extra out of the deal with Villa.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like the agent was offering him about and possibly used our ‘enquiries’ to drive a better deal with Villa.

At this stage of the season I’d be surprised if we were signing £20M goalkeepers

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Obviously not - just ask Man City

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good - we don’t need to be spunking budget on a position Ryan has deservedly made his own, and we have several back up keepers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good - we don’t need to be spunking budget on a position Ryan has deservedly made his own, and we have several back up keepers.
This.

Let's target the budget where it is really needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we know that the club haven’t budgeted for a new keeper?

We know for a FACT the club are only capable of scouting, recruiting then buying one player at a time...

,,,THEY ARE JUST WASTING TIME.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do we know that the club haven’t budgeted for a new keeper?
I find it hard to see that we can budget for a new keeper until the actual cost of bringing in a striker and a LWB is known.

Sure, spend what is left on a keeper if that is our want, but we don't actually know how much is left in the kitty to do so - until the finances required for the top 2 targets is known in total.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here