Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing partners......

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Whilst watching chelsea v cheating spanish :censored: the other night, when terry scored his own goal my girlfiend thought barca where 2-1 up......she assumed there must have been a goal in the first half when chelsea had a bloke sent off!

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
A colleague of mine, when asked what she thought was the animal responsible for the most deaths in America, replied "Kangaroo ?":lolol: Yes, another blonde.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Not a partner but I will never forget when we were in Paris for an England friendly and the Fatty Taxman asked for

"steak tartare, well done please"

the waiter looked slimighlty bemused before we recommended re ordering!

cheltenhamgull

Jan 8, 2006
Cheltenham
The gf, whilst lying on a beach in Cyprus, watched an american air force plane fly low over head. She spents a few seconds trying to pronounce USAF as though it were a name and promptly announced that it must have come from somewhere in Poland!!

Same gf, different day: walking into a department store during xmas shopping when I spotted a long haired hippy-type and made an innoucous comment that he closely resembled the man who's birthday celebrations cause the same xmas shopping nightmare evry year.
She thought about it a bit then told me she thought it was unlikely to have actually been him, "they must have just looked similar." !!!
She looked a little hurt when I was curled up in a ball in the doorway of debenhams with tears running down my face.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
the full harris said:
I didn't know so many Americans were over here!

My then American girlfiend, on seeing the sign "Football Coaches banned" at a motorway service station, thought it was highly discriminatory to pick on football coaches not realising what the phenomenom was in the early 80's.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My partner had not heard of Pele :eek: :nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
227 BHA said:
Doesn't need to be - you've posted the same tale on pages 4 & 6 of this thread :lolol:

That was nearly three months ago !! Ho hum - I guess that'll teach me to read bounced threads before posting!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Non funny story but depressing:

I thought my girlfriend would enjoy a trip to the cinema to see '24 Hour Party people' seeing as she went to Manchester Uni at the start of the 90's.Unfortunately Shaun Ryder,Happy Mondays,Stone Roses and the whole Madchester scene was completely news to her.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
My wife didn't realise the big deal about women not understanding the off-side rule. It's just when the ball goes out of play on either side, innit. :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I've had a a lot thanks mainly to the avarage American's often less than brilliant education but I still think that 'Where the hell is Canada ?' takes some beating.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not me but Adys bird seems to think that there are 364 days in a year.

Thats University education for you. She also get a 'joke' about a week after its originally said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here