Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sorry, what exactly are you saying here?

Some people ACTUALLY believe that Bennett's not going to Norwich despite what has been said by Gus and the local and national media. They are deluding themselves and getting set up for a fall.

If, and that's a massive IF, Bennett did actually want to stay, we have already accepted Norwich's bid basically telling Bennett we want to/have to sell him for that price. Now, why would he stay on the basis? If he wanted a commensurate wage to that which Norwich would offer him, how could we afford that given we couldn't afford Murray's demands?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Some people ACTUALLY believe that Bennett's not going to Norwich despite what has been said by Gus and the local and national media. They are deluding themselves and getting set up for a fall.

If, and that's a massive IF, Bennett did actually want to stay, we have already accepted Norwich's bid basically telling Bennett we want to/have to sell him for that price. Now, why would he stay on the basis? If he wanted a commensurate wage to that which Norwich would offer him, how could we afford that given we couldn't afford Murray's demands?

I actually agree with you, I was just messing with you :)

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
I find it strange that some individuals think Bennett is staying!

He will be playing against some of the best defences in Europe, he will be earning at least £15K a week. What is there to think about!

Be honest with yourselves, what would you do? Stay with a great side like Brighton or move to Norwich for the big time!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
thanks for replying [MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] . I think timing wise, (now his potential transfer is out in the open) may have given us the best, possibly only hope of him staying.

Reason being is he is on holiday abroad, If he were in England, it would be a whirlwind over a few days (like Morrison) and before he had time to think he'd be a Norwich player.

Now its out in the open, and he is likely seeing player after player signing for Norwich (mainly all attackers), he must surely at least be reflecting and assessing his week in week out playing opportunities.

If I were Gus and TB I would be in his ear every day, saying how valued he is and he is first name on team sheet etc etc.

The time gap from story break to meeting NCFC and that bot of time to think it through, just may well work in our favour.

But whilst I am expecting the lure will be to big, I will dance in my pants in the street if he stays.

OMG, we've agreed on something PW LOL. You've read between the lines on this one, with Murray and his attitude he was told to feck off (wouldn't surprise me if he were to score against us he would celebrate Mcgleish style). A move to Norwich is far from clear cut and it wouldn't surprise me if Tony & Gus are at the airport arrivals with one of those cards with Elliotts name on it.

Bare in mind at least one of EB/TB & GP have either been away on business or holiday but they will be able to commence talks on Monday. Reading Gus's comments since his return from holiday I think he has something up his sleeve that he's desperate to announce and think this could be it. This is not a player who will tolerate sitting on the bench which will probably be the case if he went to NCFC. He's still our player on a reasonably long contract, all it takes is a pay increase and the knowledge he knows he will play each and every week (injuries/suspensions permitting). The breaking news today of Martinez speaking to Villa is interesting, Wigan will pay good money for a replacement, also a larger transfer budget (Lambert would seriously consider it if and when approached)

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
cheers for bennett he looks like a top little player
oh and thanks for croftsy as well
any other decent young players we could have off you?
you're fast becoming our feeder club, must be nice for you lot to have links with someone big
pretty rude of lambert to call you a "mini-norwich" though haha

See you next season after your relegation, unless we happen to miss eash other on our way up.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
OMG, we've agreed on something PW LOL. You've read between the lines on this one, with Murray and his attitude he was told to feck off (wouldn't surprise me if he were to score against us he would celebrate Mcgleish style). A move to Norwich is far from clear cut and it wouldn't surprise me if Tony & Gus are at the airport arrivals with one of those cards with Elliotts name on it.

Bare in mind at least one of EB/TB & GP have either been away on business or holiday but they will be able to commence talks on Monday. Reading Gus's comments since his return from holiday I think he has something up his sleeve that he's desperate to announce and think this could be it. This is not a player who will tolerate sitting on the bench which will probably be the case if he went to NCFC. He's still our player on a reasonably long contract, all it takes is a pay increase and the knowledge he knows he will play each and every week (injuries/suspensions permitting). The breaking news today of Martinez speaking to Villa is interesting, Wigan will pay good money for a replacement, also a larger transfer budget (Lambert would seriously consider it if and when approached)

with respect you're talking utter rubbish, lambert would never go to wigan and would earn a lot less than the bumper contract he has just signed. he'll eventually leave for a big club.

and why has poyet already said bennett has gone and he's spent a load of the money?

when bennett handed in a transfer request in jan, brighton were certs to go up and we were competing with a load of clubs for 2nd place

he won't turn down prem football because he's not guaranteed a starting place

it's down to him and all other footballers to earn it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
with respect you're talking utter rubbish, lambert would never go to wigan and would earn a lot less than the bumper contract he has just signed. he'll eventually leave for a big club.

and why has poyet already said bennett has gone and he's spent a load of the money?

when bennett handed in a transfer request in jan, brighton were certs to go up and we were competing with a load of clubs for 2nd place

he won't turn down prem football because he's not guaranteed a starting place

it's down to him and all other footballers to earn it

CANNON FODDER ...next.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't see their fans being too happy with Elliott signing really due to him being completely unproven in the Championship let alone the Prem and with their squad probably below the Blackpool side of last season in terms of quality at the moment.
Good luck to him and all that though- he's been one of the top 5 players for us over the past decade IMO and seems like a polite, down to earth lad. But I think he would've been better off giving it at least another season with us before stepping up to the Prem.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
hmmmm well people were sceptical in jan when loads had never heard of him

but the recent goals vid certainly generated a lot of excitement and in lambert we trust

not sure blackpool were that strong last year, they nicked 6th on the final day and had a lot less time to prepare for the season than us

they had a very low wage cap and i can't recall them signing anyone that good or spending much money

macky

Dec 28, 2004

I'm not one of those saying hes staying But what's all this about not being able to afford murray's wages
more a case of not wanting to pay him that ammount

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not one of those saying hes staying But what's all this about not being able to afford murray's wages
more a case of not wanting to pay him that ammount

I've heard people say this but I have no idea where it has come from, does anyone know the details of the deal aside from Murray, the chairman, agents and managers?! If we could afford it, surely we would have paid it?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I've heard people say this but I have no idea where it has come from, does anyone know the details of the deal aside from Murray, the chairman, agents and managers?! If we could afford it, surely we would have paid it?

Why people still talking about Murray, i think its pretty straight forward, Poyet had doubts about Murray all the time been at the club eg telling murray that would be no contract offer if didnt score 20 goals, does that sound like the kind of player we will pay decent money to.
Bloom and Poyet will pay the wages to players who think worthy of them eg Buckley and Hoskins obviousally feels better suited to the club and to wages demand, its not we couldnt afford to keep Murray we just didnt think what he demanded was worthwhile for the club so we let him go.
Easy
Poyet also subbed Murray a lot at the end of the year especially and we kept hearing stories that his face just doesnt fit with Poyet and what wants long term at brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here