Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
You may have missed one little point you in-bred carrot cruncher. He hasn't signed yet and from what I've heard the indications are he wont be leaving. That has come from a team-mate and one of our coaches by the way. He's currently on a long term deal and wants to stay, he's currently on holiday but I think you may find a trickle of egg on your face with this one, as it played a part during our purchase of Will Buckley from Watford. If he went to your guaranteed relegation threatened club, sitting on the bench then you'll have a very unhappy skillfull midfielder who would be off before you know it. Incidently who's funding your current spending frenzy. To me you are likely to be the next Pompey, Derby, Leeds and dare I say Ipswich. Enjoy your short stay in the Premiership (Lambert will be Scotlands manager by the turn of the year). Administrators, Carrow Road please we have a job in the offing.

Would honestly dance around the street if this were to happen, but The Argus has said he is going next week at least twice and people like Kaz have wished him luck, so I sadly think he will go

macky

Dec 28, 2004
as much as i llike elliot i just dont think hes up to the prem Hope im proved wrong But i cant see him doing much there

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He might not make it in the big league, although at only £1.5m it isn't much of a gamble for you i suppose. Good luck to him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
[MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] you still haven't explained your source that you think Bennett is staying at the Albion. If you are to offer such [false imho] hope to people, can you please elaborate?

who told you Benno was staying?, do you really believe that personally?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I do hope that bennett stays, I feel he might, but I also think he will go. Whatever he does, good luck to him!

[MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] has said he's heard Bennett is staying from club sources, most think he is going, so come on [MENTION=17912]proctor_bhafc[/MENTION] .....!

2011-01-25-12-24-16228916447.jpg

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
This has GOT to be a wind-up, shirley? :dunce:
And so many have got to get wound up. Tut tut.

We can't beat 'em this season ('less we get them in a cup comp), so if they're still up there - rather join 'em.
Bennett won't get boo'd, he's not been a 'Judas'

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
They have exactly the same username just a space apart and one is being a cock and the other all nice, it's the same person.

Someone thought it'd be funny and went on the Watford forum as 'GavBHA' and was winding them up about Buckley, out of all the usernames :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wigan have given permission to Villa to speak to Martinez.

Lambert to Wigan maybe?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
[MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] you still haven't explained your source that you think Bennett is staying at the Albion. If you are to offer such [false imho] hope to people, can you please elaborate?

who told you Benno was staying?, do you really believe that personally?

Speaking with a connection yesterday its far from a done deal when he returns from his holiday. If we were to match the terms he's looking for he will stay, he doesn't want to go, so next week will be interesting. In keeping a realistic reign on the purse strings its likely that we can lose him, but Gus doesn't want to. He certainly wont entertain sitting on the bench for long especially when they are getting whipped every week and the move could possibly be 1 season too early.

Compared to the Murray saga, by all accounts Gus told Murray back in February that he wont be keeping him based on his demands (hence a sudden improvement in form and his petulant goal celebrations), but our Gus doesn't think he'll cut it in The Championship. Now Benno's a different situation completely, he's Gus's type of player, the step up to The Championship being no problem

In summary, the deal is not done, you ask me will he stay, I sincerely hope so and as present he is still our player

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Speaking with a connection yesterday its far from a done deal when he returns from his holiday. If we were to match the terms he's looking for he will stay, he doesn't want to go, so next week will be interesting. In keeping a realistic reign on the purse strings its likely that we can lose him, but Gus doesn't want to. He certainly wont entertain sitting on the bench for long especially when they are getting whipped every week and the move could possibly be 1 season too early.

Compared to the Murray saga, by all accounts Gus told Murray back in February that he wont be keeping him based on his demands (hence a sudden improvement in form and his petulant goal celebrations), but our Gus doesn't think he'll cut it in The Championship. Now Benno's a different situation completely, he's Gus's type of player, the step up to The Championship being no problem

In summary, the deal is not done, you ask me will he stay, I sincerely hope so and as present he is still our player

Sounds promising. IF true.

But, even IF he wants to stay I doubt we will be in a position to match in salary what NC will offer him. He'll go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here