Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
:O If Benno stays, I repeat, I will dance around my street, and be a happy bunny! I did wonder if he would entertain bbeing on the bench every week, apart from earning some more money, he would gain little; maybe some carling cup games or some fleeting substitute appearances. If he rejects Norwich and stays he will be even more of a legend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone thought it'd be funny and went on the Watford forum as 'GavBHA' and was winding them up about Buckley, out of all the usernames :lolol:

Sorry to break this to you but you're not the only GAVIN to support the Albion I'm afraid :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He hasn't signed yet and from what I've heard the indications are he wont be leaving. QUOTE]
Is the correct answer

So you're saying you've heard Jimbo's claim he isn't leaving?

To be fair to Jimbo he's made about 6 claims on here in the past yr - which have all been... well... what's the word... WRONG!

ncfc1986

Jan 28, 2011
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4155678 said:
Splashing millions on League one players, yeah that'll keep you up won't it.

I agree on this part. £1.5m for Bennett seems a bit steep, thought a club like Brighton would accept around £300,000 for their main man.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
thanks for replying [MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] . I think timing wise, (now his potential transfer is out in the open) may have given us the best, possibly only hope of him staying.

Reason being is he is on holiday abroad, If he were in England, it would be a whirlwind over a few days (like Morrison) and before he had time to think he'd be a Norwich player.

Now its out in the open, and he is likely seeing player after player signing for Norwich (mainly all attackers), he must surely at least be reflecting and assessing his week in week out playing opportunities.

If I were Gus and TB I would be in his ear every day, saying how valued he is and he is first name on team sheet etc etc.

The time gap from story break to meeting NCFC and that bot of time to think it through, just may well work in our favour.

But whilst I am expecting the lure will be to big, I will dance in my pants in the street if he stays.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Repeat after me. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player.

Now breath. It will make you feel a lot better when you see Bennett in a yellow and green shirt with a huge smile on his face next week.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
ok we've signed 2 attackers because we're so light on that front, but i'm not sure how that effects bennett

we don't really have any attacking midfielders who can play down the wings

so i hear some people say we're preparing for relegation because we're not signing anyone decent, and others saying bennett won't get in the team cos of all the players we're signing

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
This is the same Bennett who handed in a transfer request last Jan....I love the bloke and wish him all the best, but all this talk about him staying is just ridiculous.

ncfc1986

Jan 28, 2011
thanks for replying [MENTION=16234]Jimbo.GRFC[/MENTION] .
Now its out in the open, and he is likely seeing player after player signing for Norwich (mainly all attackers)

2 players, neither of which are wingers.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
a) You are preparing for relegation because none of your players are really Prem standard
b) Benno will be on the bench because no-one knows how he would have fared in the Championship, let alone the Premiership, whereas the players you're signing have done well in the Champ

I think that is what people are getting at

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some SERIOUS straw clutching going on on this thread. Give me just ONE snippet that JIMBO.GRFC has posted on here before it happened and got right and I might be inclined to believe that we have a slim chance of holding onto Bennett.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Repeat after me. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player. Bennett is a norwich player.

Sorry, what exactly are you saying here?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Find it pretty difficult to believe that he'd stay after Gus said he is leaving. Benno out, KLL in next week I would guess.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
a) You are preparing for relegation because none of your players are really Prem standard
b) Benno will be on the bench because no-one knows how he would have fared in the Championship, let alone the Premiership, whereas the players you're signing have done well in the Champ

I think that is what people are getting at

yeah but he'll be pretty much the only option we have down the wings

how he does in pre season and training will have a bearing but maybe we'll stick to our current system and use him as a sub in order to change the game

how defensive is he?

not really sure of his preferred position either

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My sus is that Benno is NOT going to Norwich afterall ?

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
yeah but he'll be pretty much the only option we have down the wings

how he does in pre season and training will have a bearing but maybe we'll stick to our current system and use him as a sub in order to change the game

how defensive is he?

not really sure of his preferred position either

Very good defensively, even played right back a couple of times last season when we needed cover in the last 10 minutes. His position changed to a more central role last season as Gus wanted him to have more shots, so he alters between just behind the strikers and on the wing really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here