Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
yeah i suppose, altho actually we pissed off many more than col u last year. a lot of clubs were seething that when they took an allocation, we sold the rest to our own fans and they couldn't get any more tickets later on when they'd sold out what they originally wanted.

we used to be a soft touch but the new chief exec we call mcnasty for how he deals with stuff. seems to be working. hopefully you'll be very pissed off with norwich come feb 1st :wink:

Never mind Feb 1st: most of us are completely pissed off with your sodding club (& it's vitual trolls) NOW. So could you all just f*** OFF to your own boards if you want to keep banging on about signing Elliott Bennett - 'cos we're sick to death of it.

No offense, like.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Never mind Feb 1st: most of us are completely pissed off with your sodding club (& it's vitual trolls) NOW. So could you all just f*** OFF to your own boards if you want to keep banging on about signing Elliott Bennett - 'cos we're sick to death of it.

No offense, like.

i believe we've been discussing our respective clubs

the bennett stuff is old news son

old news

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
it's a city and no idea who has been saying we're nailed on certs tho i would say if we don't finish top 6 now it would be a failure. and there's no chance we'll be making that big a risk. we're a year ahead of our 7 year plan anyway. i don't think watford and leeds are better placed either.

big spend and finish in the top 6 and not promoted? = bankrupt

no chance you will be taking that big a risk? = your chairman is talking up doing exactly that

a year ahead of your 7 year plan? = maybe so but that only means that you are still teetering on the verge of administration with no new investors and selling assets to repay debts. It's like an existing bankrupt saying "I've only got 5 more years before I'm solvent" while applying for a bank loan

taking the chance and spending big given where you are right now is insanity and if you go that way and fail the outcome will be inevitable....think Portsmouth/Southampton/Leeds/Shaffield Wednesday as you slide into the pit of despair

sorry - I forgot Plymouth who are now reporting that Peter Ridsdale will walk at the end of the month unless promised investment arrives. Looks like they could be in admin or even out of business if they can't shift Wright-Philips and Fallon

To paraphrase the old song "there but for (someone else's) fortune go you...................."

Last edited:

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
Can you believe norwich would risk this:laugh:

This will be a big mistake as debts are already huge,we are far superior than norwich and our future is much brighter:smokin:

You keep telling yourself that. Our debts are manageable and spending £1.5million (which in reality is what this "promotion push" would involve) is not going to tip us over the edge. i suspect most of what extra budget there would be would come from directors loans anyway rather than the bank!

As for your future, i wish you well as I have always liked Brighton as a club. I still can't help but feel that something doesn't quite add up so far as this £90million pound loan is concerned as i don't see how this guy can have simply come up with that sort of cash and loaned it on a non-secured basis with no interim returns coming out of the club until 2023. Sounds too good to be true but if it is then good luck to him!

As for Bennett i guess we will just have to wait and see!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
methinks you people are reading far more into what was just our AGM and the transfer window closes soon

the current board are not stupid and it was wages and utter mismanagement which crippled pompey anyway. how can it be a fair comparison lol.

i'd be surprised if we bring in more than 2 players

yes there's a good chance we'll be in the same league next season and if we are, we'll more than likely be battering you again for another easy 6 points

and if we make the prem, you'll be begging to get some of our fringe players on loan :wink:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
i don't see how this guy can have simply come up with that sort of cash and loaned it on a non-secured basis with no interim returns coming out of the club until 2023. !

There's a few different interpretations on this loan. The way I see it is he's going to take a year on year return on his investment if the club makes a profit, if the club doesn't make a profit it's only going to be Bloom who props it up with more loans anyway. He will take money out until 2023, if that = £90mill then all good, if not he converts the difference into shares.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
methinks you people are reading far more into what was just our AGM and the transfer window closes soon

the current board are not stupid and it was wages and utter mismanagement which crippled pompey anyway. how can it be a fair comparison lol.

i'd be surprised if we bring in more than 2 players

yes there's a good chance we'll be in the same league next season and if we are, we'll more than likely be battering you again for another easy 6 points

and if we make the prem, you'll be begging to get some of our fringe players on loan :wink:
Dream on mike that won't happen,you will be crippled while we power on for success.

Time will tell but i predict us to overtake you in the very near future:drink:

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
There's a few different interpretations on this loan. The way I see it is he's going to take a year on year return on his investment if the club makes a profit, if the club doesn't make a profit it's only going to be Bloom who props it up with more loans anyway. He will take money out until 2023, if that = £90mill then all good, if not he converts the difference into shares.

Fair enough. I'm sure its all above board (and I suspect most won't care if its not anyway as long as the stadium is built) but i can't believe that the info in the public domain on this barely scratches the surface of whatever arrangements underpin it all. 39 year old blokes can't generally just magic up £90 million from under the mattress in one go and bung it to a football club!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fair enough. I'm sure its all above board (and I suspect most won't care if its not anyway as long as the stadium is built) but i can't believe that the info in the public domain on this barely scratches the surface of whatever arrangements underpin it all. 39 year old blokes can't generally just magic up £90 million from under the mattress in one go and bung it to a football club!
He's got a lot more than 90 million:drink:

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

he's absolutely minted

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

On a recent televised poker match one of the presenters 'suggested' it wasn't unusual for mr bloom to make 100 million in one business deal!

this could ofcourse be complete fabrication as no one knows his true wealth but i'd suggest he has a fair old wedge.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

Its small change to mr bloom! so you better start believeing it, and if you dont we dont care anyway!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

The commentators on the final of sky poker millions commented that on more than one occasion Tony Bloom has made £100m in a single business deal, also it's not just bunging it into any old football club - he and his family are lifelong brighton fans

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Apart from his business, his family are also investors in the club. His uncle is on the board and his grandfather was a director 30 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here