Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hope to God we don't boo him tomorrow (if he plays, thought he might have been rested before this all came up anyway), we really need to show our support for him and not force him out in the summer

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Now we may see just how good a poker player TB really is, is it really no sell or does this push a price up to a level we couldn't afford to turn down?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good response by Bloom. The fact Gus hasn't let Bennett speak to the media during the whole thing, coupled with his performance at Bournemouth (probably one of the worst I've ever seen from him) says that he may have indicated a while ago that he wanted to go.

At all times since he has been here he has seemed the model pro so I honestly think that unless 2 million is offered (which I doubt it will be) we should just reject all bids and tell Bennnett to get his head down and carry on playing.

Once the summer comes his value will likely be increased and we have more time to find a replacement, alternatively he may decide to stay and play championship football with us at Falmer. Either way it suits us to hold off until the summer and given his contract I think that's what we should do.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Good response by Bloom. The fact Gus hasn't let Bennett speak to the media during the whole thing, coupled with his performance at Bournemouth (probably one of the worst I've ever seen from him) says that he may have indicated a while ago that he wanted to go.

To be fair the whole team was poo that day so not sure it was linked to his transfer request

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Bloom's statement means that either:

1) He's not gonna go anywhere- Which is fantastic news

or

2) If he does go then it'd have to be a bloody brilliant offer that we really couldn't turn down- Slightly less good news but at least we're not dinging him off on the cheap.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Says all he has to to. Good man that Bloom.

THIS! Nice one Tony, that is exactly what we wanted to hear. With every move that he makes Bloom reveals to himself to be the ideal chairman. A great combination of fan and hard-nosed businessman.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Calderon just this minute left my wifes school, eastbrook primary and he had no news from him about this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If there were no agents in football this deal wouldn't be happening. But given it is on the table £1.5 million is far too low. Let's hope this Alex Oxbowlake-Chamberpot does go to Arsenal for a massive amount because such business will only make Bloom's demand for a higher fee more credible.

I'm sure Bennett's contract was signed in the knowledge that we are a club that doesn't need to sell and everything we've done since he inked his deal has exceeded even his expectations.

I hope he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his move. He is a better player than that and has time on his side. If I was Bloom I'd be looking for Norwich to at least double their figure. If we really DID want to sell Bennett I'd be approaching the likes of Wigan, West Ham, Wolves or QPR for whom spending £3mill on Bennett might be a risk worth taking.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area

At all times since he has been here he has seemed the model pro so I honestly think that unless 2 million is offered (which I doubt it will be) we should just reject all bids and tell Bennnett to get his head down and carry on playing.

Once the summer comes his value will likely be increased and we have more time to find a replacement, alternatively he may decide to stay and play championship football with us at Falmer. Either way it suits us to hold off until the summer and given his contract I think that's what we should do.

Is so much the most sensible solution for all involved .

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Aren't we missing something here...one man doesn't make a great team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here