Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is NOT good business if it costs us promotion though. The loss of Bennett could be as pivotal a moment as when Charlie Oatway broke his ankle in the season we were relegated.

Living in denial and looking through blinkers, plenty of games to go and a good manager.
I suggest you put away your crystal ball.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Why is there nothing on club website, I know there a bit slow but this is a big story..It was rumoured a couple of days ago that his agent was driving this and Gus and Bloom were really pissed off with agent. Sounds like the agent has won the day and will get his slice of the action. I am in no way trying to deflect the blame from Bennett himself, but these guys are professoinal shithouses and Bennett is a young pro.

maybe the club are in the process of signing a replacement, we could do worse then ask for simeon Jackson and that ex swindon winger in part ex plus cash!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We will still go up, Poyet may have seen this coming. Looks like Noone could step up to the mark and is clearly a skillfull player and if KLL is back soon, then we still got to much for this division.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bozza can you get that Aviva ad blocked when I'm on this thread!!:glare:

It sounds like a done deal. Burnley would be a more logical move, as he's a Midlands boy.

Anyway, definitely sad to see him go, as he's made great strides with us since he joined, and I hope it won't derail our automatic promotion chance.

Good luck Elliot if you are off, and hopefully see you next season :bhasign:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Living in denial and looking through blinkers, plenty of games to go and a good manager.
absolutely we are NOT a one man team

We will still go up, Poyet may have seen this coming. Looks like Noone could step up to the mark and is clearly a skillfull player and if KLL is back soon, then we still got to much for this division.

is the correct answer and I am still convinced we will buy KLL outright and of coarse we would have the money to do so

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully we'll all support him and maybe make him think twice, rather than abuse him and force him out even quicker. Even if the club agree to him going in the summer instead, then we need to support him properly so that he can concentrate on playing well and not worrying about the abuse he will be getting

Well said, abuse will get us nowhere

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
11:00 and still nothing on the club website ???

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

... and I suggest that you try to be a little less condescending. I did not say that it would derail our promotion challenge. You have to accept that given the players importance to the side in terms of the role that he plays that it is a distinct possibility though?

Would you be happy if we accepted £1.5 million for instance, and then missed out on the additional £4 million in revenue that promotion is alleged to bring? You'd certainly want to do a proper and thorough risk analysis on that before glibly accepting that taking the transfer fee now is "good business".

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We don't really know how new this request is - it could have been made and turned down ages ago. This is the agent's last chance to get something this window so he may have slipped it to the press in the hope of a big enough bid coming in?

I'm 70% on the side of he's off, however :(

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Unusual, but it would seem that the club are not willing to accept it straight off and are presumably having talks with him. I would imagine they are exceedingly pissed off that this has been leaked to the Sun/Norwich.

I very much doubt you will hear much as the players are training.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
We don't really know how new this request is - it could have been made and turned down ages ago. This is the agent's last chance to get something this window so he may have slipped it to the press in the hope of a big enough bid coming in?

I'm 70% on the side of he's off, however :(

wyett said it came last night. the source was 'football agents'

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's not a story at all. A player has asked for a transfer. No story until we either accept or decline. Why should the club put partial information on their own site? It's for others to speculate but not the club.

Of course its a story, didnt see Blackpool saying there was no story when Adam handed in a request ealier this week. As far as I can see its the same situation totaly.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Tell him to stay until the summer, help us go up, and if he still wants to go in the summer, let him, no hard feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here