Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Shit happens, if he goes he goes. I'll be disappointed to see him leave as he's done really well for us, but if the fee is right and he wants to go then so be it. The timing could have been a bit better, but we just have to move on and get on with winning this league this season

But lets be honest, if he does go this isnt an oh well situation.....he's a pivotal part of the side, to replace 20 assists and carry on as normal isnt going to happen.

He has done really well and yes we have to move on, but his timing absolutely stinks and Lua Lua being out the side seriously derailed us and I do fear for us now.

It's simple, we have to reject the request if we want to go up in my opinion.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
but lets be honest, if he does go this isnt an oh well situation.....he's a pivotal part of the side, to replace 20 assists and carry on as normal isnt going to happen.

He has done really well and yes we have to move on, but his timing absolutely stinks and lua lua being out the side seriously derailed us and i do fear for us now.

this

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The last offer that Norwich were rumoured to have made was in the region of £1.2 million. That seems some way short of the players actual value to us, so I don't see any reason to accept the transfer request at this time.

Bennett has always come across as a level headed young man, and I can understand why he'd be interested in talking to Norwich given their current position. I do think that he'd be professional if the request is turned down though.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He has a contract. If he stays he will continue to play well. It's not bleating you fool. And just to clarify - have you seen a lot of EB this season? Are you aware just how much he controls the game?

Water off a duck's back mate, if he goes the club will not fold and he will go if price is right and if it is then both Gus and Tony will be satisfied with good business because that is what it is.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
It'll be interesting to see how the 2000 Albion fans react to him tomorrow if he plays?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Water off a duck's back mate, if he goes the club will not fold and he will go if price is right and if it is then both Gus and Tony will be satisfied with good business because that is what it is.

It is NOT good business if it costs us promotion though. The loss of Bennett could be as pivotal a moment as when Charlie Oatway broke his ankle in the season we were relegated.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
But lets be honest, if he does go this isnt an oh well situation.....he's a pivotal part of the side, to replace 20 assists and carry on as normal isnt going to happen.

He has done really well and yes we have to move on, but his timing absolutely stinks and Lua Lua being out the side seriously derailed us and I do fear for us now.

totally agree

it wouldn't be the first time a club told a player to do one.

this threatens everything about our season (especially with such little time before transfer window closes) - clear bloom isn't worried about the money (apart from missing promotion)

so let's just tell him, no.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Correct about the fact we will not fold....but how do you price a player that has been one of the main reasons behind our surprise success this season?

Unless we got 5 million, then I doubt we will be happy with this on any level.

Maybe you havent seen us this season, maybe you have...but the fact remains losing Elliott now and possibly replacing him with a trialist could prove catastrophic in regards to our success this season, I really feel he's that important and im sure Gus feels the same, for that reason we cannot sell now and hopefully the board and management will see this like this.

Is Bloom/Poyet likely to give in to one players request after all the hard work to get us in this position, you'd hope not after all that was said.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It'll be interesting to see how the 2000 Albion fans react to him tomorrow if he plays?

Hopefully we'll all support him and maybe make him think twice, rather than abuse him and force him out even quicker. Even if the club agree to him going in the summer instead, then we need to support him properly so that he can concentrate on playing well and not worrying about the abuse he will be getting

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
had not heard the Burnley rumour before but that could make it interesting. Maybe they might get some revenge for us humiliating them over lambert recently!

I seriously think some of you guys may be overestimating the lure of your new stadium to a player. Yes to you lot its a big deal as you've been at Withdean for a while but to a player I don't think its that big a deal. he will play in front of bigger crowds at norwich anyway and frankly its just a pitch. I wouldn't move jobs just because another firm has a nicer office. i would though if they offered a better quality of work and lots more money!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Gutted he's going, we've only just thought of a chant for him and everything

That made me LOL as the young people say.

In response to the one saying he's a '****', I would never think that. Benno has provided nothing but good feeling for the kids and me since he came here; whatever the outcome in the next few days, he's been a credit to us.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
had not heard the Burnley rumour before but that could make it interesting. Maybe they might get some revenge for us humiliating them over lambert recently!

I seriously think some of you guys may be overestimating the lure of your new stadium to a player. Yes to you lot its a big deal as you've been at Withdean for a while but to a player I don't think its that big a deal. he will play in front of bigger crowds at norwich anyway and frankly its just a pitch. I wouldn't move jobs just because another firm has a nicer office. i would though if they offered a better quality of work and lots more money!

i have to agree with you on this. falmer will be quality, but from the pitch plenty of clubs will have larger attendances - norwich included.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

True dat.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I seriously think some of you guys may be overestimating the lure of your new stadium to a player.

Not sure many people assume that The Amex - as a stadium -will influence Bennett too mcuh. The possibility of promotion and the revenue the Amex represents is more the point I would have thought. Anyway - he's signed a contract, so tough titties if we want to keep him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why is there nothing on club website, I know there a bit slow but this is a big story..It was rumoured a couple of days ago that his agent was driving this and Gus and Bloom were really pissed off with agent. Sounds like the agent has won the day and will get his slice of the action. I am in no way trying to deflect the blame from Bennett himself, but these guys are professoinal shithouses and Bennett is a young pro.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I do agree that perhaps the lure of the stadium is being over egged and that training facilities etc may make a bigger difference to a player.

It's got to come down to the £££ (agent driven or not) in my mind as the jump in quality from us to Norwich is not significant enough in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here