Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Don't want to play for us so get rid for good price and get over it.
I think Gus will handle it ok and change the side accordingly.
His heart will not be in it if we hold onto him so good riddance.
Other players will see their chance to step up and be counted.
Let's just get on with it and keep winning.:ascarf:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Why the f*** do people keep writing this.

Even if "his heart isn't in it" becuase we have insisted he stays until the Summer, he is a professional who will play well because it is in HIS interest to do so. He plays well, helps us get promoted, he is worth more. FFS people are so dim. If we don't need the money there is EVERY REASON to say no. How many times!!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Obviously unless he represents a player we really want!
Ban his agent from the training ground, ignore all calls from him and carry on as normal with head in the sand until the 1st Feb and then deal with his agent again. What can go wrong!
He would be a huge loss and any saying replace him with LuaLua obviously can not see the job Bennett does for us, the team is pretty much built around him and the work he does both on and off the ball is huge. Personally think he can do better than Norwich and would do a job at a lower premiership team. Bet Gus is a far from happy man at the moment

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Don't want to play for us so get rid for good price and get over it.
I think Gus will handle it ok and change the side accordingly.
Other players will see their chance to step up and be counted.
Let's just get on with it and keep winning.:ascarf:

If it was only that easy. Players that set up over 20 goals in not many more games don't grow on trees and DONT come cheap.

Which I hope if we do sell, it is not STUPID money, I am not left crying in my beer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Even if "his heart isn't in it" becuase we have insisted he stays until the Summer, he is a professional who will play well because it is in HIS interest to do so. He plays well, helps us get promoted, he is worth more. FFS people are so dim. If we don't need the money there is EVERY REASON to say no. How many times!!!

You have to draw a line under it and move on, simple, SUMO 'Shut Up and Move On'.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Spot on.

If he doesn't go, for whatever reason, it is in his own interests (as well as obviously the clubs) to play as well as he possibly can for as long as he is with us, because the better he plays the bigger salary and signing on fee he will attract from any potential new buyer in the summer.

Refuse the request TB and Gus (unless ridiculous money), now is not the right time we need EB for the run in.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
For fucks sake. Gutted. Means we have got 2 days to try and replace.

There is no way he is staying, Gus has said on numerous occasions that if a player wants to leave he won't stand in his way.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If it was only that easy. Players that set up over 20 goals in not many more games don't grow on trees and DONT come cheap.

Which I hope if we do sell, it is not STUPID money, I am not left crying in my beer.

If he is determined to go, what is the point of endless bleating, move on.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Shit happens, if he goes he goes. I'll be disappointed to see him leave as he's done really well for us, but if the fee is right and he wants to go then so be it. The timing could have been a bit better, but we just have to move on and get on with winning this league this season

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
For EB to go now , a few things need to happen

i) That we get a price that is realistic for his current worth and his potential worth (also taking into account any Wolves sell on fee)

ii) that price enables us to get a suitable replacement

iii) that replacement is KLL. I know he wont be fit until March, but buying him now (if Pardew wants to sell) may just lower the fee and I think we could get away with it for 6 or so more games with Noone. Alternatively, also get a loan winger in for two months until KLL is fit.

If they are not met, then Tony should say sorry EB you cant leave until the summer. It doesn't suit us now. Of course EB will be disappointed, but I dont believe he would sulk and performances drop.

Its not as if EB is half way or nearing the end of his contract. He has only just signed a 3 and a half year deal. Albion should be in the driving seat on this one.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
What a f***ing joke this is!

3 days until the transfer window closes. Great f***ing timing Mr Bennetts agent.

With 4 years on his contract we should telll Norwich to do one.

I would be gutted to see him go. If this stadium and training facility is a sign of our ambition then rejecting this has to be another one.

He does not seem like the player who will sulk and not want to play, He wants to play in the championship and he can, but in 6 months time at a brand new stadium after just receiving his first medal in pro football.

Elliott, dont be a dick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here