Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bennett has handed in transfer

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm still not too worried. I'm sure the management won't let him go unless we have a capable replacement. We'll see, nevertheless this squad is much better than one single player.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
has nobody told him that all transfer requests must be handed to Charlie Oatway? that should make sure he fails any medical

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very disappointing from Bennett.

The player is worth more than the money offered, which will be about £1M, to the club. I hope the management turn the transfer request down flat, the 'not wanting to stand in the players way' argument doesn't wash now with the direction the club is heading. Stand firm TB and Gus, he's a contracted Brighton player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice timing Elliott but absolutely no suprise to me, his silence during all this has been deafening.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The club hasnt accepted the request yet. If he is forced to stay he might realise the need to pull his finger out and perform if he wants a move in the summer.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Very disappointing from Bennett.

The player is worth more than the money offered, which will be about £1M, to the club. I hope the management turn the transfer request down flat, the 'not wanting to stand in the players way' argument doesn't wash now with the direction the club is heading. Stand firm TB and Gus, he's a contracted Brighton player.

Absolutely. One transfer request does NOT mean we have to accept a substandard bid.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I'm still not too worried. I'm sure the management won't let him go unless we have a capable replacement. We'll see, nevertheless this squad is much better than one single player.
That last bit sums things up nicely. No one man can be greater than the club, and if he is...get rid of him.

would just confirm that contracts mean NOTHING these days

Contracts?!!? Loyalty!?!?!?! Go on Dirty Dave, your talking crazy!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I might be missing something here, but what's changed since TB and Gus said we dont have to sell anyone and want to keep our best players?

He is absolutely vital in our push for promotion so why the hell would they let him go even if he has handed in a transfer request? How badly do we need that million quid?

Make him stay, he's got a good attitude plus I'm sure he'll get over it when we get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here