Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
you mean this tweet: "It true. EB ask for transfer after Big Sarah turned up at his house & give him her knickers. He use them as car windscreen cover when icy.
6 minutes ago"
Clearly coming from a genuine account...

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
theres a joke gus that twitters hes quite funny at times but if thats who youve looked at then its bollocks

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If its true I imagine the sequence goes like this...

Norwich put their final bid in, and told the agent it was their final bid. Brighton turned it down. Bennett then puts transfer request in, again Brighton turns it down. Agent then makes transfer request public knowledge to try and force someone's hand.

We see this play out time and again, Charlie Adam, Charlie Austin, 9 times out of ten the player leaves. lets hope this is the other one. The phrase always banded around is 'don't want a pissed-off player in the team' - but Bennett doesn't seem that kind of person, so we could easily hold out if Gus wants...

The last part is the uncertain bit though, considering the Calderon affair and the Forster affair last year...

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Is this site reliable?
Norwich Transfer Rumours

27 Jan 2011 22:50:28
* *Norwich News* *

... Norwich are likely to return to Brighton with a £1.5mill take it or leave it offer for Ellit Bennett and try and get another striker in to with Freddie Eastwood, Nathan Tyson and Adam Le Fondre all in the running. (they had considered matching the bids already accepted for Austin but see the fee as to much of a gamble for a striker that's still relatively unproven)

So Austin is unproven and a gamble, but EB wouldn't be ? That makes so much sense - right !

:amex::ascarf:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If he did leave, it would more the timing of it. We may get £1m + for him, but we probably wouldn't have the time to sign an adequate replacement.

Even if we have that money in the bank it's not much use if we can't spend it.

Him leaving in the summer would at least give us time to replace him.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Wanderer said:
Is this site reliable?
Norwich Transfer Rumours

27 Jan 2011 22:50:28
* *Norwich News* *

... Norwich are likely to return to Brighton with a £1.5mill take it or leave it offer for Ellit Bennett and try and get another striker in to with Freddie Eastwood, Nathan Tyson and Adam Le Fondre all in the running. (they had considered matching the bids already accepted for Austin but see the fee as to much of a gamble for a striker that's still relatively unproven)

I think this site is a load of bollocks some of the updates on their are completely untrue:

26 Jan 2011 15:14:41
elliott bennett passes medical at norwich

source: gus poyet local radio

26 Jan 2011 09:29:05
elliott bennett seen finalising deal at norwich today, undergoing medical now ahead of 1.3m move

26 Jan 2011 15:29:17
poyet just said on the radio bennett has passed a medical at norwich, didn't even know we had accepted a bid

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I agree re the assists. My concern with trying to replace Bennett is that you have to find someone who settles in straight away and fits with our style of play. Even if we signed a better you have no guarantees he will fit in the team. Bennett fits like a glove.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
I doubt it to be honest. Whatever you think of them, Norwich are doing well in the Championship; I'd be surprised if they didn't at least make the playoffs but they're contending for automatic promotion. They have a very real chance of offering him Premier league football next season. It's still a good few seasons before we could offer him that and by that point, if it comes, he may well be too old.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would the Sun get 'info' from that bullshit site?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bennett Transfer Request confirmed per the Argus

In argus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here