Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think it will be alright tbh I'd be more pissed off if Murray went on the cheap/free. It looks like we will get a lot of money, we do have Noone to give some width and hopefully KLL coming back. The spine of the team is excellent, great defence, solid midfield and Murray upfront. If Murray left then I'd be really worried about who is going to score the goals.

You do know most wingers get subbed in the 2nd half of matches due to fitness levels? Bennett is super fit who has played in nearly every match and for 90 mins.Noone isn't even close to Bennett yet.

We sell Bennett now i doubt we will find another player like him for quite some time. Then you have to find a replacement,give him time to settle in.Coach him to play Poyet's style which all takes time.This is why pre-season is so important to Gus and other managers.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If true, we need a replacement pretty sharpish (KLL?), and I still find it hard to believe he would of played the whole 90 on Tuesday. It's just speculation at the moment, nothing more. If he had handed in a transfer request, the club would of announced it, shirley?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So IF this is true, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a disgrace is Elliott?

If true or false NIL. He's a player who could double his earnings in a higher league. Of course I'm sure you'd never consider leaving your job for more money and status.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Lua Lua isnt the player Bennett is i'm afraid.

If we sold Bennett and got Lua Lua with the profit i'd still be disappointed

But at the same time Bennett isn't the player LuaLua is. LuaLua can skin players alive, LuaLua is faster and stronger and has scored more goals than Bennett this season. Bennett has a better brian and has a much better passing abilty so its hard to say who is better. So for me they're both quality players with different attributes but yet both can have a huge influence on a match. I'd be happy if we ended up with one of the 2 regardless.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
But at the same time Bennett isn't the player LuaLua is. LuaLua can skin players alive, LuaLua is faster and stronger and has scored more goals than Bennett this season. Bennett has a better brian and has a much better passing abilty so its hard to say who is better. So for me they're both quality players with different attributes but yet both can have a huge influence on a match. I'd be happy if we ended up with one of the 2 regardless.

I want both :rant:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
although the sun could be wrong, i doubt it and if its true although i cant blame bennett for wanting the potential chance to play in the premiership come august on greatly higher wages, the timing of his request is the real shitter, it gives us the weekend to sign a replacement, which is a shitty thing to have done if true.

He should have done it 2 or 3 wks ago if this is true. Noone becomes more important for us if he does go so all is not lost but ideally we need to replace him and bloody quick!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
£1m or £1.5m is an absolute joke for the potential impact it will have on our season. £5m would be more like it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Could Jamie Smith cover the Bennett role if needed? He's injured at the mo but I'm not sure for how long. Just remembering how good he has looked this season, especially when he came on at St Mary's

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
And i wish people would stop banging on about kazenga, firstly hes still injured, secondly he`ll get offers from bigger clubs than us IF newcastle want to sell him which isnt certain now pardew is manager and even if they do want to sell would pardew sell him to us? The chances Kazenga playing for us ever again are virtually nil.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that Bennett has kept quiet throughout the last couple of weeks of speculation makes me believe that there is a good chance that he wants out. I don't buy the " why should he say anything" line Bennett could kill this speculation dead with just one official statement sentence..if there was nothing to it, it would be everyone's interest for him to do so.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Lua Lua while quality is however dependant on his speed, his ball control is not great and his final ball is no where near the quality of EB.

Also there is still a massive question mark over Lua Lua's fitness, he has to be managed and Poyet has said he cant play every week due to his hamstring issue.

While i would love us to sign Lua Lua as he is one of the most exciting players i've seen in an albion shirt, he would not make up for the loss of Bennett in regard of the postions he plays his range of passing and final ball, also his work defensively.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It is not going to happen.

Rubbish scaremongering from the Sun - that scamp of a reporter had nothing better to do now that he's not allowed to phone tap (allegedly).

Benno is going nowhere as he is Albion through & through!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If true or false NIL. He's a player who could double his earnings in a higher league. Of course I'm sure you'd never consider leaving your job for more money and status.

I think the timing is what would annoy people the most I.e. not waiting till summer and leaving it to the end of the transfer window.

Anyways I don't fully believe it until it's on the official site which should surely be pretty soon if true

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think it will be alright tbh I'd be more pissed off if Murray went on the cheap/free. It looks like we will get a lot of money, we do have Noone to give some width and hopefully KLL coming back. The spine of the team is excellent, great defence, solid midfield and Murray upfront. If Murray left then I'd be really worried about who is going to score the goals.

I dont think Bennett is going, if he did, I would be gutted, just like when Lawro went & Wardy & Zamora & Pethick but N1 gull has it nailed, I would be more worried if Murray left right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here