Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
of course it could be rubbish but the fact wyett is a norwich journo suggests he's got the info from that end

and he was quite confident when answering on twitter that the request came last night

actually appears the source was his agent now

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Lol this is the The Sun reporting this- no credibility in this story at all. However if he goes it's not the end of the world. Players come and go and I'm sure that Gus will state that he can only go if a replacement is ready to come in.

The only thing I'd be annoyed about would be if we only got 1.5mil for him

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
of course it could be rubbish but the fact wyett is a norwich journo suggests he's got the info from that end

and he was quite confident when answering on twitter that the request came last night

Ffs tedious mike79 .... Can't believe it took you so long to show up.

Im sure bennett will move to you but Can I just remind you that Norwich is a nothing town in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad I didn't haven't the misfortune of growing up in such a dull place. Ta ra.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
If Tony and Gus have any sense (if they havent done this already) they need to tell Elliott he isn't going anywhere in January but if we don't get promoted then he can go in the summer if the price is right.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So... Nothing has actually happened yet then? (Except a tiny article written in a "news" paper famous for breasts)

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I dont think Bennett is going, if he did, I would be gutted, just like when Lawro went & Wardy & Zamora & Pethick but N1 gull has it nailed, I would be more worried if Murray left right now.

This. The lord speaks sense. I would prefer Bennet in my squad to KLL his distribution - which is the key part of Poyet's tactics - is superb and I think the team would lose out on that quality. Got my fingers crossed though and I'm sure it's just paper talk...

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Ffs tedious mike79 .... Can't believe it took you so long to show up.

Im sure bennett will move to you but Can I just remind you that Norwich is a nothing town in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad I didn't haven't the misfortune of growing up in such a dull place. Ta ra.

tedious how? if it's true it doesn't means he's joining us! may want an improved deal, brighton may simply block any move, or perhaps other clubs are offering more than us. and i grew up in sunny sussex which isn't dull at all. plus norwich is a very beautiful city.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Let's face it, no one knows how much worse our team will play without Elliott because he has played pretty much every single game since joining 2 years ago!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The timing of this is all wrong...something fishy. Who in their right mind would leave it this late to decide they suddenly want to leave.

Either it's a) nonsense b) he wanted to go and put in a transfer request a while ago which the club rejected and it's now become public or c) his agent is looking for a chance to negotiate an improved contract.

I'm tending towards ... b.

At this late stage with Bennett under contract and Bloom not in need of the money, there is no benefit at all in offloading the player. What can we do with £1.5m in the space of the weekend? The argument that you can't keep an unhappy player doesn't really apply..... if Elliott's form tails off for the rest of the season then he's only going to harm his own chances of a move anyway. And if he's not putting the effort in, reserves it is then.

In any case, he certainly didn't look like a player who was unhappy against Colchester. I reckon this is an old story - he expressed an interest in going to Norwich, Gus told him not to be silly and that he should wait and see where we are next season and, like the good lad I believe he is, he's knuckled down to get on with the job.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Tony and Gus have any sense (if they havent done this already) they need to tell Elliott he isn't going anywhere in January but if we don't get promoted then he can go in the summer if the price is right.

Exactly, there is no need to sell Bennett if he has put in a transfer request. Did Arsenal sell Fabregas? No Did Man U sell Rooney? No. Did we sell Murray? No! Just because he has handed in a transfer request, I'm sure it will be turned down.

I'm also sure that the club will say to Bennett, look stay till the end of the season, if we go up we'll match what Norwich were offereing you, or you can go with our blessing. Just help us get up first.

So I would be very surprised if he does go just because he has put in a transfer request, that doesn't mean we have to sell.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Could bennetts agent leaked an untrue statement to stir more interest.

Would seem pointless because if untrue the Albion will deny this story pdq

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Completely disagree. He'd be a huge loss. He's virtually irreplaceable and should be seen as part of the foundation for the club pushing on in the Championship next year.

Could'nt agree more, Apart from his all round play you've only got to look at the amount of assists Bennett has got this season to see how important he is to us. Bennett leaving would be a major kick in the bo***cks for our promotion chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here