Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Electoral fraud

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[/B]

Yes, we all need to do more, as you rightly say. And in another post you lament the fact that some cause more than others. So, whilst I can fully understand your wish to fly over regularly to see family and the Albion, it is very hypocritical of you then to confirm that you are happy with the level of CO2 you contribute, as you must clearly contribute more than most punters.

I don’t believe I do though. That’s my point.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Wrong. TSB refused to pay my 84 yr old StepMum the £17 odd my Dad left in an account when he died. She had her marriage certificate, birth certificate, my Dad's death certificate, a utility bill, and a bus pass with her photo on it.
I complained to the manager and got nowhere. That £17 something is still there.

Don't know the background to this but having acted as executor for my late father recently would speculate that she needs a grant of Probate before they'll release any cash, unless it's a joint account?

Banks are very, very fussy about releasing funds from a deceased person's account for legal reasons.

My bank wouldn't even allow me to bank a small refund due to the estate into my account because it was made out to "The executors of....." even though I could prove I was an executor!

It's a small amount I know but......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
They tried this before didn't they, was it the Blair government, and there was huge public opposition to it I recall. Ironically enough mainly from the right-wing small-government types who don't want interference from the state in their lives. Will they support it now that it might prevent a lot of the riff-raff from voting?

Of course bringing in a national ID card is only one step, to make producing it compulsory to vote will presumably be challenged at the supreme court, its an interesting legal conundrum

I think the main objection was the huge cost (umpteen billion, I believe?).

Given how often you're asked to prove your identity both on and offline these days these days, I think an ID card would be an excellent idea.

Perhaps this could be tied in in some way to avoid needing hundreds of usernames and passwords too for online transactions.

Keeping track of these is a major headache!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here