Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elder set to start, Murray on the bench...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
[Ignoring Revell's injury]

Revell has been training all week, Murray has not.

Revell knows his team-mates, whereas Murray has met them ONCE.

Both are in a good scoring run.

Is that okay?

But one is struggling with a groin strain.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No shit, Sherlock.

this was a debate based on Badger's statement that a FIT Revell should automatically have made way for Murray.

OK I missed your first bit.

Badger is still right though. You do not judge a player on a few appearances (abeit good ones of late) but on a decent run and Revel is not good enough if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge next season.

Thats what Wilkins thinks as well.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
He'll fit in well with Michel, Kerry and Nicky then (and would have done with Carole when he was here).

Since when is Sebastian a girl's name? ??? Isn't is just French?

I would be very dissapointed if Murray doesn't start. If he isn't fully fit, or not ready to play with whole team quite yet, then take him off at 60mins, but I find it hard to believe that Elder who has struggled to get a place all year and hasn't looked great when he's been playing deserves a place more.

OK I missed your first bit.

Badger is still right though. You do not judge a player on a few appearances (abeit good ones of late) but on a decent run and Revel is not good enough if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge next season.

Thats what Wilkins thinks as well.

It is?

So you are saying that Badger's ramblings are based on the gaffer's thought processes?

Amazing! :clap2::p:bowdown:

I would like to ramble, that the new player will lend a little more competition and choice to the strike force, and who-ever gets to start, Wilkins will know there's a fellow ready to come off the bench who knows where the goal is.

I think you'll find it's simply just the 'done thing' in football, to have options on the bench - at successful clubs.

As for reading into every move at the club as meaning someone is on their way, no longer required, career finished, or persona non-grata, is just :tosser:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is?

So you are saying that Badger's ramblings are based on the gaffer's thought processes?

Amazing! :clap2::p:bowdown:

I would like to ramble, that the new player will lend a little more competition and choice to the strike force, and who-ever gets to start, Wilkins will know there's a fellow ready to come off the bench who knows where the goal is.

I think you'll find it's simply just the 'done thing' in football, to have options on the bench - at successful clubs.

As for reading into every move at the club as meaning someone is on their way, no longer required, career finished, or persona non-grata, is just :tosser:

You are fluent in ****ish........ NMH.

Forget options on the bench............. thats Elder or Gatting (god forbid)

Revel is not going to score the goals over a season is he ?

and are you on about squad rotation then............................ dont be a prick ..this is Brighton not Man U.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
isn't that Carol?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are fluent in ****ish........ NMH.

Forget options on the bench............. thats Elder or Gatting (god forbid)

Revel is not going to score the goals over a season is he ?

and are you on about squad rotation then............................ dont be a prick ..this is Brighton not Man U.

Oi...have respect for the old and infirm.

tsk tsk

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
Think Elder deserves his chance having netted a couple of goals recently. Yes, we've spent a lot on Murray but he needs to win his place in the side from the bench at first, I think. He's been plying his trade in League 2 and this is a step up for him but one the club obviously think he's capable of making to have spent the kind of money we have on him.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Think Elder deserves his chance having netted a couple of goals recently. Yes, we've spent a lot on Murray but he needs to win his place in the side from the bench at first, I think. He's been plying his trade in League 2 and this is a step up for him but one the club obviously think he's capable of making to have spent the kind of money we have on him.

1 goal? And crucial as it was, it was hardly a great piece of skill, he just bundled it in from a corner. I really don't think Elder is going to be good enough, and if he is a better option than Murray, no matter what state Murray is in, I'd be worried about what we've spent £300,000 on. Elder doesn't get much of a look-in, but I can only assume the reason for this is that he simply isn't up to it at first-team level. Now maybe if he was given a decent chance he might come good, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests this, and tomorrow night is not the time to start giving inexperienced strikers who are struggling to score a start - we desperately need to get back to winning ways. As I said before, if Murray is struggling for whatever reason, then bring Elder on, but I can't believe that Elder is a possibility because Murray has spent a couple of days travelling - he's a professional footballer for christs sake!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here