Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elder set to start, Murray on the bench...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Unless you know all the facts behind the scenes, it's impossible to make an informed judgement. Why would the club pay £300,000 and put him on the bench for the fun of it? There must be reasons.

In any case, Wilkins doesn't say its a definite decision. Maybe he was bowling Naylor a googly....

We'll see.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unless you know all the facts behind the scenes, it's impossible to make an informed judgement. Why would the club pay £300,000 and put him on the bench for the fun of it? There must be reasons.

In any case, Wilkins doesn't say its a definite decision. Maybe he was bowling Naylor a googly....

We'll see.

no-one knows the facts but that doesnt stop us makingirrational and ill informed judgements on a MESSAGEBOARD. If everything on here was pure FACT then you might as well rename it as WWW.seagulls.co.uk/factsmessageboardohyessireee

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
for fucks sake elder has been training regularly with team and as stated murray hasn't , if murray starts and has a bit of a mare as not used to team mates or system then he would be absolutely slated by the ever so patient and all knowing "fans" on here. you can see it now 300k down the drain on player who can't score on debut. Wilkins knows what he is doing even if some on here don't.

:angry:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
no-one knows the facts but that doesnt stop us makingirrational and ill informed judgements on a MESSAGEBOARD. If everything on here was pure FACT then you might as well rename it as WWW.seagulls.co.uk/factsmessageboardohyessireee

I totally defend your right to make those judgements.

What I don't understand is that, if you know they are irrational and ill-informed, why do you want to make them? I find it really strange that you should want to criticise someone without knowing why.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What I don't understand is that, if you know they are irrational and ill-informed, why do you want to make them? I find it really strange that you should want to criticise someone without knowing why.

Something to do, perhaps?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

because I am bored, ill informed, ill educated, and like the sound of my own voice....

you?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh well, we'll get to see the new bloke in action when he comes on in the 88th minute :jester:

Still, good to see that you can't have a negative opinion on here unless you actually ARE Dean Wilkins...:rolleyes:

Oh well, we'll get to see the new bloke in action when he comes on in the 88th minute :jester:

Still, good to see that you can't have a negative opinion on here unless you actually ARE Dean Wilkins...:rolleyes:

As you very well know, it is nothing to do with your opinion, it is wholly to do with the DRAMATIC manner in which you voice it.

If Wilkins announced that Murray was to start in goal, and Kuipers and Sullivan were going to be the front pairing, then the kind of ridiculous, over-excited reaction you come out with would be reasonable. As it is, he has chosen not to start with a striker who has missed a few days training, instead giving a chance to someone who has done reasonably well when he's been given an opportunity thus far. Not exactly the most outrageous or outlandish decision he could have made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here