Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El- Turi not a target man

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stumpy Tim said:
I've heard rumours that he's on an extremely good wage - better than most apparently

I think that it's a low wage but he gets free calls back to Argentina when he has spare time on his hands, so every Saturday afternoon the costs go through the roof.

Problem is, we are talking like a small club, £150,000 is not a lot, Darius Henderson went for £450,000, and look how he was slaughtered on NSC, despite scoring a few goals.

El Turi was a gamble that has not come off, the anti Magoo brigade use this as a stick to beat him, ignoring the good signings he has made and the youth players he has shown faith in.

Simster said:
The point being made here is that £150k is an awful lot of money for a club like ours to spend if you're not going to play him.

I think that might be the real difference between us if you strip away the childish rhetoric. Knight and McGhee addressed this point at the Fans Forum earlier this year, saying it was an amount of money we could afford to gamble with in the circumstances. You can either agree with them or not. I think it was a small amount for a player recommended to us by a good judge like Boniek as someone better than Rasiak. Now, that judgment certainly hasn't come off, but he may still contribute something at some point in the future. Obviously Knight realises the nature of the El Turi gamble (as it came through his contacts he may have been the real driver of the process rather than McGhee), so he is now prepared to make funds available for McGhee in January.

Lastly, you strain credibility to breaking point by saying people having already written off El Turi as a waste of money :)

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
Lastly, you strain credibility to breaking point by saying people having already written off El Turi as a waste of money :)

No he doesn't. I'm sure a lot of people think that.

Surprisingly I agree with you plastic... we need to see him to judge him. Some players simply can't get motivated in the reserves. But if we don't see him then he's a waste of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here