Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El- Turi not a target man

Stumpy Tim said:
The truth is that apart from Leon's recent spat he has been the number 1 striker. Jake & CKR have been battling our for number 2, until recently when McPhee has come in. So in truth for most of the season three players have been playing in two spots - that's not constant change. Trolley is injured. El Turo has never come close to starting

That's your definition of "occasional" change :lolol:

Stumpy Tim said:
Three players into two spots - yes, that's occasional change.

Is that your definition of constant change? :lolol:

Three players? Where has McPhee disappeared to?

I've got a nasty shock for you - prepare yourself! He's gonna be first choice today! :)

And when Big Mac comes back next week-ish, judging by McGhee's comments on Seagulls World this week, he is going to play.

It's all serene "little change" in your little world of denial, innit? :drink:

Stumpy Tim

London Irish said:
Three players? Where has McPhee disappeared to?

I've got a nasty shock for you - prepare yourself! He's gonna be first choice today! :)

And when Big Mac comes back next week-ish, judging by McGhee's comments on Seagulls World this week, he is going to play.

McPhee played 2 games. For MOST of the season it's been three players. I think we should agree to disagree on our opinion on what constant change means. Neither of us are going to change our opinions.

I'm not sure where this "in your little world of denial" is coming from. I have no problem with McPhee or Trolley. - my point is that they've barely featured this season. I don't see why them playing is a nasty shock to me? If we really had five players switching up-front then I would agree that's constant change. But that hasn't been the case.

My final point before I leave for my fiance's work Xmas dinner. The original point was that IF El-Turo remains 5th in the pecking order, then he would be a waste of money. Now try to imagine a situation where this happens..... go on, close your eyes & think.... now if that situation was to happen & he wasn't to play a game, then surely he would be a waste of money. Surely. I'm not saying he's crap or anything. I'm saying, IF he didn't play for us then he would be a waste of money. Can we agree on that?

London Irish said:
If your premise is correct, then yes, he'll be a failure. But we don't know whether your premise IS correct! We don't know for sure we are not going to see him just because McGhee is doubtful of his ability to play a certain role in one kind of gameplan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
garry nelsons left foot said:
"We thought Federico Turienzo would be - but he isn't. So we've got to keep looking,"

Interesting.
Maybe MM's plan for the Argie is to make him a sweeper so I reckon one of his xmas presents is a broom.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
LI you seem to be the only one that is saying spending 150k on a striker thats does not play is a waste of money???

Please tell me how you worked that out :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Referee!!! said:
Waste of money. Well done McGhee :rolleyes:

Absolutely. What a !!!! Magoo is for wasting so much money, no doubt we could have got someone like Shipperley in for that or Big Chris, fancy buying him after one f***ing game against Lewes. Worst thing is Magoo was a striker himself and he cant spot a decent one.

By the way I was at my work do yesterday and the Us fans love big Chris. Funnily enough just the sort of player we need....thanks Magoo you utter utter bastard.

Magoo OUT before he sends us down :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

E

enigma

WE COULDNT HAVE AFFORDED SHIPPERLEY AND HE HAD MORE ATTRACTIVE OPTIONS. HOW MANY f***ing TIMES..........

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
enigma said:
WE COULDNT HAVE AFFORDED SHIPPERLEY AND HE HAD MORE ATTRACTIVE OPTIONS. HOW MANY f***ing TIMES..........
Don't you know Brighton is nearer London then Sheffield is, which obviously means we could easily have signed him.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:

You f***ing someone else off Irish?

I dont suppose you think that in your little insular world it could be you that is wrong and everyone else right?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
enigma said:

Yes he could...FACT. He chose not to...( taps nose as a wise old sage does)

KinkyGoebels said:
LI you seem to be the only one that is saying spending 150k on a striker thats does not play is a waste of money???

Please tell me how you worked that out :lolol:

You're talking like one of the goons who said Butters was a failure because he couldn't get into the team for his first year. Or one of the goons who thought Jarrett was a total waste when six months ago he couldn't get a game for Stevenage. Or one of the goons who never thought Hammond would make it after being on the fringes of the squad for so long.....

Goons make up their minds on a player quickly and they never learn even when they make the same mistake every time.

Bad day for the NSC goon squad at Watford yesterday, wasn't it Kinky? - both Oatway and Blayney getting rousing chants from the away support :D

Last edited:

dave the gaffer said:
You f***ing someone else off Irish?

I dont suppose you think that in your little insular world it could be you that is wrong and everyone else right?

It's always a pleasure to f*** you off Dave - one of these days I'm going to put some real effort into it too :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
You're talking like one of the goons who said Butters was a failure because he couldn't get into the team for his first year.
Free transfer.

London Irish said:
Or one of the goons who thought Jarrett was a total waste when six months ago he couldn't get a game for Stevenage.
Free transfer
London Irish said:
Or one of the goons who never thought Hammond would make it after being on the fringes of the squad for so long.....
Came through the ranks. So no fee paid.

Yet again, someone needs to spell it out for you. *repetitively knocks on LI's head* NO-ONE HAS MADE THEIR MIND UP. We haven't seen him play! The point being made here is that £150k is an awful lot of money for a club like ours to spend if you're not going to play him. He may turn out to be a good player, but I'd rather we spent the cash on someone who assured us of championship status.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Surely this 'free transfer' thing is only part of the picture? We still have to sign them on contract - often for several years. I don't know what Turi's, Butters or Jarrett's salaries are, but that has to be considered when calculating the 'cost of ownership'. It might be that Turi's salary is the highest of the lot, but I would doubt it. £150K is only £3K per week for a year, and if we've saved on his salary by that amount then it might be a reasonable deal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stumpy Tim said:
I've heard rumours that he's on an extremely good wage - better than most apparently

Ditto, he is on a fair whack.

And LI, I never said Butters was not good enough has he is a good player and people knew that when he first joined, we just have to guess about el turi as he doesnt play, but if thats not a waste of money i dunno what is :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here