Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10, your comments were spot on at the final whistle

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I try to veer towards the glass half full approach to defeats.

I accept that we will lose lots of games this season. I don't object to being beaten by a better side.

But I can't deal with sitting in the pouring rain, to watch a team who were utter, utter crap in the first half, come out after 45 minutes and show more desire, passion, drive and urgency to take hold of the game, at our expense.

People can blame the ref for their first goal as we should have had a corner. But we should have cleared the ball.

As for the second goal- frankly I could have run down from the stand, done a lap of the dugouts and still made it to the penalty area before we attempted to get the ball away.

Errors, ok, they happen, but nobody looked like they cared this afternoon. Nobody seemed to have the will to try something to change the direction of the game. Criticise his ability all you like, but at least McCammon showed a tiny bit of fight. The others seemed to sit there waiting for something to happen.

Millwall are pretty rubbish, but they showed what you can do with limited ability as long as you have fight and desire. You could see how much it meant to them at the end.

I couldn't believe it when we got a corner in injury time and the players just stood around idly in the box, waiting for someone else to take it.

I see a lot of people are taking this out on McGhee, but what do you think he told them at half time? "Don't bother, lads, just sit there and expect Millwall to give it to you. It's ok, they don't want it, they'll hand it to you on a plate, so you don't need to make too much effort". Come off it. McGhee has accepted the blame for Luton, but surely some people have got to recognise that the players were complete crap today, and stop instantly blaming McGhee for everything.

Worst performance I've seen for a long time.

Still, things can only get better at Southampton....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agreed Edna.

But i get the impression the players dont want to play for Magoo anymore....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We totally lost the plot in the second half and the most telling sign was an injury time corner as rightly said where no-one even went to take it. Also Kuipers should have gone up for it.

The players were definitely to blame today - spineless second half.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers Edna. I think my comments at the final whistle were something along the lines of:

"f***ing fuckity f***. f***ing MILLWALL, you got beaten by MILLWALL you FUCKERS", followed by a swift boot to the row of seats in front of me (that resulted in one of the seats flopping down and catching some bloke in the knee, but I was too angry to apologise).

I didn't realise you were within earshot

:)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Agreed Edna.

But i get the impression the players dont want to play for Magoo anymore....

What, after two crap games?

They looked like they didn't mind playing for him against QPR and Hull.

We don't have the world's greatest collection of players, but they're all we've got. None of them are good enough to decide they're better off without Mark McGhee, not one. None of them has displayed the ability this season that will have other clubs flocking to sign them, so they can hardly afford to be that cocky.

And in any case. Which great managers are out there waiting to lead us to the Promised Land? Who would you rather have? The out of work managers are usually that way for a reason: ie because they've been sacked for being crap!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Cheers Edna. I think my comments at the final whistle were something along the lines of:

"f***ing fuckity f***. f***ing MILLWALL, you got beaten by MILLWALL you FUCKERS", followed by a swift boot to the row of seats in front of me (that resulted in one of the seats flopping down and catching some bloke in the knee, but I was too angry to apologise).

I didn't realise you were within earshot

:)

I think half of Withdean was in earshot :lolol: :lolol:

I believe the expression "f***ing SHOWER OF SHIT" was part of it
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It brought a smile to my face on a dismal afternoon.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i can guarantee that i would have cleared the ball away instead of conceding the second goal, and im pretty sure i'd have scored from the position Hammond found himself in at the end of the first half

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
edna krabappel said:
And in any case. Which great managers are out there waiting to lead us to the Promised Land? Who would you rather have? The out of work managers are usually that way for a reason: ie because they've been sacked for being crap!

We managed to get Coppell and Taylor who are both high profile.

Surely someone better coming in, even on a short term deal, would be better.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets be honest QPR were awful as bad for 90mins as Millwall were for 45.

Hull created loads of chances but didnt take them. If we played them today we would have lost.

Magoo needs to get the fighting spirit that was in abundance last season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Richie Morris said:

get Mourinho on loan from chelsea till the end of the season :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Can't fault the logic in that, someone better would be better :lolol:

But I just can't think of anyone who would be better at the moment, and who is currently free. I just don't see why people call for McGhee to be sacked after every defeat, it's not very productive. We can't go round booting the boss out after every defeat at this level, or we'd get through 20 managers a year.

Jose Mourinho would struggle with our resources.

I accept today was dire beyond belief, as probably was Luton from what I've heard. I just don't think McGhee's number is up, not by a long shot.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Get Dennis Wise in as player manager with Harry Bassett or someone with him.

At least they would get us fighting for points not rolling over like today.

Danny Wilson
Tony Adams

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Richie Morris said:

Danny Wilson
Tony Adams
Richie, have you been drinking ?
Seriously.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Richie Morris said:

Worst suggestion of the day.

Wise as a player short term maybe as manager no way.

Bassett who has been relegated with more teams than any other manager probably or has just got out before they were relegated is a complete no go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here