Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10, your comments were spot on at the final whistle

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
ANYONE would be better.
Morris, you are a tabloid-headline treacherous halfwit, worthy of twinning with Perseus himself.

Once the players cross the white line, McGhee can only do so much. Truth is, Millwall were given a roastng at half-time, responded accordingly, and we didn't look up for it. Short of one of our players going down, and McGhee calling everyone over for a team-talk/bollocking, there's not a great deal he can do.

We went from a competing, superior side in the first half who should have been 4-0 up come half-time (but of course you don't want to credit McGhee with that, do you?), to an inept, spineless shower straight after the re-start (for which you are happy to heap blame on McGhee). Those players, PROFESSIONAL players should have their heads in shame.

Wearing the stripes is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

shaolinpunk said:
i can guarantee that i would have cleared the ball away instead of conceding the second goal, and im pretty sure i'd have scored from the position Hammond found himself in at the end of the first half

:D

If you don't mind, I'll still pick the players who made the mistakes ahead of you for Southampton. Hope you're OK with that :smokin:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

If you don't mind, I'll still pick the players who made the mistakes ahead of you for Southampton. Hope you're OK with that :smokin:

:lolol:

Fair enough, law of averages alone says they can't be that crap three games in a row.

The Large One said:
Once the players cross the white line, McGhee can only do so much. Truth is, Millwall were given a roastng at half-time, responded accordingly, and we didn't look up for it.

I think it was more than that, in replacing most of his midfield and half his forward line, Tuttle made the tactical gamble of the season in using up all his subs at half-time.

Brave fella, and I admire guts like that. I hope the Millwall fans repay that with the loyalty towards him that it deserves, loyalty than is such a precious commodity among football supporters, especially if your benchmark is logging into a supporters website like this one :)

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
London Irish said:

hey, as a box-to-box midfielder i'd actually offer protection to the back four and still support the attacks

:cool:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is McGhee therefore untouchable?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We lacked any fight today, which made it seem as if no-one except McCammon were bothered.

Just goes to show that, regardless of their footballing ability, Oatway and Hart are crucial to our play

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not seen it mentioned anywhere in the thread, but anybody care to hazard a guess as to why Chippy couldn't have taken that last-gasp free-kick on the edge of the Millwall box? In the olden days, he'd have buried it, or at least hit the target or the wall. As it was, it was laid sideways and once again squandered :dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Chippy lost possession so many times today, and with Hammond looking like he had no confidence at all, Millwall just strolled through.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Beach Hut said:
Also Kuipers should have gone up for it.

He did look to the bench, but obviously was told to stay where he was......:nono:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm sure Moyes will be free of his contract soon after todays lucky victory for them. Get him here til the end of the season. Should make it interesting.

(Pint of not sure how many before posting on here and I think I could take 1066's job. Going before I say anything else stoopid) *hic*

PS To all those in the Tap thanks for a good day, even if we did clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. *hic* :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bakesy said:
He did look to the bench, but obviously was told to stay where he was......:nono:

Pi$$ poor IMHO nothing to lose should have gone up for it

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Beach Hut said:
Pi$$ poor IMHO nothing to lose should have gone up for it

Agreed we may as well go for broke and lose three one. My problem with today was as has been said is we completly surrendered the initive, we had Millwall by the balls first half, but second half we may as well have lumped the ball to their centre halves and bent over. Hopefully we will show a little more desire or i fear the worst, oh well at least it didn't snow.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
I'll probably get flamed but f**k it...... I thought we missed Oatway out there. He may be limited in some ways but he will fight all the way and he wouldn't have let heads drop the way they did. We lack a leader in the side without him.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Stoaty Ferret said:
I'll probably get flamed but f**k it...... I thought we missed Oatway out there. He may be limited in some ways but he will fight all the way and he wouldn't have let heads drop the way they did. We lack a leader in the side without him.

I can't disagree with that - you probably will get flamed and the team did miss Oatway.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
What, after two crap games?

They looked like they didn't mind playing for him against QPR and Hull.

We don't have the world's greatest collection of players, but they're all we've got. None of them are good enough to decide they're better off without Mark McGhee, not one. None of them has displayed the ability this season that will have other clubs flocking to sign them, so they can hardly afford to be that cocky.

And in any case. Which great managers are out there waiting to lead us to the Promised Land? Who would you rather have? The out of work managers are usually that way for a reason: ie because they've been sacked for being crap!

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here