Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Eastbourne Borough v Albion - Official Thread**

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Albion: (4-5-1) Poke; Calderon, Elphick, Greer, James Smith; Bennett, Kishishev, Navarro, Battipiedi, Morais; Barnes

Albion boss Gus Poyet starts with trialist Filipe Morais. The former Portuguese U21 winger rose through the ranks at Chelsea prior to spells at MK Dons and Milwall. Since 2007 Morais has collected over 70 appearances in the Scottish Premier with Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and St Johnstone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Albion: (4-5-1) Poke; Calderon, Elphick, Greer, James Smith; Bennett, Kishishev, Navarro, Battipiedi, Morais; Barnes

Albion boss Gus Poyet starts with trialist Filipe Morais. The former Portuguese U21 winger rose through the ranks at Chelsea prior to spells at MK Dons and Milwall. Since 2007 Morais has collected over 70 appearances in the Scottish Premier with Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and St Johnstone.

good god we look a little like the United Nations

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Great football for a quality Batti strike from the edge of the box. 1-0 us.

looks like the boy is in a hurry to make a name for himself

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My immediate concern is that we have let McNulty go out on loan and have to keep playing James Smith. I realise that he is one for the future, perhaps, but at the moment he looks to be the weak link in the defence and would not be able to cover for Painter if the need arose. So why keep playing him at left back why not try somebody else?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Is this on radio ?
'Fraid not. Just put BBC Sussex on now, just gave a brief update but no commentary.

I'm sure Cantor/Camillin did commentary for the friendlies last year? I recall listening to the Wimbledon game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My immediate concern is that we have let McNulty go out on loan and have to keep playing James Smith. I realise that he is one for the future, perhaps, but at the moment he looks to be the weak link in the defence and would not be able to cover for Painter if the need arose. So why keep playing him at left back why not try somebody else?

Kish might be able to cover that spot or any other for that matter

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010

havent seen him play so might be talking crap, but from the sounds of it, he's been one of the more impressive players in our pre season games so far.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We had live commentaries for the friendly games last season as they were talking about all the shit equipment they were expected to use during the half time interval forgetting to turn the mics off. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here