Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand 1901 Club - where is the area which was set aside for the supporters bar?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If someone wants a cup of coffee they don't want to be stuck behind you ordering your skinny soya latte with hazelnut syrup. It would be carnage with fights ensuing.

Falmer is going to be CARNAGE. It will to be a 3 way dust up between pickled sandal wearing ale aficionados, steaming lairy lager louts in their prison whites and loafer hooved ponces wired on coffee.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
...reckon Falmer will stock Balti pies?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Falmer is going to be CARNAGE. It will to be a 3 way dust up between pickled sandal wearing ale aficionados, steaming lairy lager louts in their prison whites and loafer hooved ponces wired on coffee.

And don't forget the johnny come lately fans who didn't go to the priestfield. Splitters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is NOTHING more depressing going up for a beer but being stuck behind someone ordering coffee's / cappucino's in a bar. ALWAYS seems to happen to me when I'm in that pub halfway along the pier, pisses me right off.

As long as they keep the coffee shops and the bars separate, there will be minimal violence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As long as they are the same ones they sold at Hollsborough circa 2003/4.

..wont they be a bit past their sell-buy date now?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Having additional 'Premium' seats is obviously a sign that the initial take up of the 1901 club has gone better than expected, so I guess it's a good thing - having said that we do need a 'balance' - there has to be a limit and I hope the fact that there will be more premium seats means that the costs for ST and indeed individual match tickets can be kept reasonable.

On ATC, we were told that prices etc for ST would be available in October. This became November and now we are told that details will be hopefully available before Christmas.

I guess that these new 1901 seats in the East Stand have changed the timescale, as they can't start selling seats in the East Stand as Family Stand seats if these are now Premium Seats.

Where is the Family Stand going to be? - Still in the East Stand I presume but scaled down?

As far as a 'Supporters' bar is concerned, I'm not quite sure what this means. Aren't all bars around the ground 'Supporters' Bars? There is no doubt that the Club will want (and need) to keep a significant percentage of fans behind after games, both for financial and logistical reasons, and if there is a bar which is open after the game which serves 'real ale' and keeps people behind spending their cash then that's fine by me (personally don't drink it but it's all about choice.)

Does a specific 'Supporters' Bar in the North Stand mean you have to be a member of the Supporters Club? What's the difference between this bar and all the others?

One thing is clear, the club will be trying to make the Amex somewhere we spend 4 hours of our Saturdays rather than turning up at 2.45 and being gone by 5.00. If having a Supporter's Bar and COSTA Coffee franchises means this happens then so be it.

If this (real ale v lager) is all we have to bicker about it just shows how far we have come.

But........you could be a CAMRA member making a post like that :shrug:

CAMRA is not about Bitter v Lager, its about good-quality, properly brewed, stored and delivered 'drinks' versus cheap mass-produced 'drinks'; whether its lager, bitter, cider or wine.

This.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Having additional 'Premium' seats is obviously a sign that the initial take up of the 1901 club has gone better than expected, so I guess it's a good thing - having said that we do need a 'balance' - there has to be a limit and I hope the fact that there will be more premium seats means that the costs for ST and indeed individual match tickets can be kept reasonable.

On ATC, we were told that prices etc for ST would be available in October. This became November and now we are told that details will be hopefully available before Christmas.

I guess that these new 1901 seats in the East Stand have changed the timescale, as they can't start selling seats in the East Stand as Family Stand seats if these are now Premium Seats.

The supporters' bar will be first come, first served, all welcome. It'll be upstairs, so warmer than the concourse, will hopefully have a few extra ale choices,

Where is the Family Stand going to be? - Still in the East Stand I presume but scaled down?

As far as a 'Supporters' bar is concerned, I'm not quite sure what this means. Aren't all bars around the ground 'Supporters' Bars? There is no doubt that the Club will want (and need) to keep a significant percentage of fans behind after games, both for financial and logistical reasons, and if there is a bar which is open after the game which serves 'real ale' and keeps people behind spending their cash then that's fine by me (personally don't drink it but it's all about choice.)

Does a specific 'Supporters' Bar in the North Stand mean you have to be a member of the Supporters Club? What's the difference between this bar and all the others?

One thing is clear, the club will be trying to make the Amex somewhere we spend 4 hours of our Saturdays rather than turning up at 2.45 and being gone by 5.00. If having a Supporter's Bar and COSTA Coffee franchises means this happens then so be it.

If this (real ale v lager) is all we have to bicker about it just shows how far we have come.

The supporters' bar will be first come, first served, all welcome. It'll be upstairs, so warmer than the concourse bars in the middle of winter I guess, and there will hopefully be a few extra ale choices, but that'll depend on how much gets drunk (I predict a lot!)

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
All I did was ask about the supporters' bar. Do you real ale guys always pile in like this?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I dont care what they sell as long as they dont get the caterers in that look after the front bar at the Dome / Corn exchange.

During my recent visit to watch the pub landlord they were selling Carlsberg, in plastic bottles, at ...........

wait for it ........

£8 a pint, i kid you not!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is NOTHING more depressing going up for a beer but being stuck behind someone ordering coffee's / cappucino's in a bar. ALWAYS seems to happen to me when I'm in that pub halfway along the pier, pisses me right off.

As long as they keep the coffee shops and the bars separate, there will be minimal violence.

coffee at a football match.........? i only hope those nasty Palace fans dont find this thead

if they do it was HKFC wot started it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Arf.

Realaletwats117s.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here