Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-mail to the Football League Show

Sep 1, 2010
jcdenton08, you need to calm down. and stop throwing abuse at anyone that has a different opinion on a subject not that important. You are making yourself look a twat, rather than calling The French Mistress one just because he/she does not bow to your juvenile rant.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's nice having a show on a Saturday night rather than a Sunday morning as I'd always miss the Sunday morning show on ITV. I also think we've had some good coverage over recent weeks to be honest. Boyd sending off comment, jeez who cares, it doesn't matter ffs. And the stupid comment about Yeovil coverage, they've gone there and filmed something so they're hardly gonna spend money sending a guy there and filming it only to not use it because the mighty Brighton won by 3 goals! I think its ok, although to be fair the best coverage was standing in that terrace. Buzzing! To get so wound over something so trivial is rediculous, enjoy that victory glow! WE'RE f***ing BRILLIANT, WE'RE f***ing BRILLIANT!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Claridge is a decent bloke who has a lot of time for Brighton. He has a duty to not be seen as having any bias on tv and maybe because of that sometimes plays us down a little to compensate. However I really think the reaction to him in recent weeks is way OTT and ignores a lot of what he is saying. Last night he said "..and Brighton are not a team you want to be playing when you're down to ten men with the way they pass the ball about", that's a compliment from a former player who recognises how we wear the opposition down. He even mentoined he's coming to watch the game Tuesday. Some people on here really need to get a grip. I'd love to see the thread starter spit his dummy at Claridge in person on Tuesday night and see what sort of reaction he gets (and not just from Claridge). So you don't like the FLS, fine, but keep it adult at least, that email is embarassing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Last night he said "..and Brighton are not a team you want to be playing when you're down to ten men with the way they pass the ball about".

Exactly. From memory, all he actually said about Boyd was that having him sent off can "hardly have helped" Peterborough, which at 1-0 down seems like pretty fair comment, especially against us (as he went on to point out).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Although i would like that to be true, i am sure a host of other clubs above us are taking a roving eye over Poyet now and his style of football is raising a few eyebrows, end of season is going to be VERY difficult for us to keep hold of him if we go up.

Peterborough fan said the exact same thing to me yesterday. Doesn't take a genius to work out that he is spot on, especially when we are playing football like we are at the moment.

Sadly I think it'll be before the end of the season before clubs are sniffing around him.

The most shocking thing of all is some FOOTBALL fans defending the Football League Show.

No one is defending it bert, no one else gives a flying f***!

The programme is awful, Clarridge is like some puppet that just agrees with the Asian fella. The bird that reads out emails is just cringe worthy and makes me want to put my foot through the telly box. Result I don't watch it and I wait until Monday to watch the goals online. Suggest you do the same!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Claridge is a decent bloke who has a lot of time for Brighton. He has a duty to not be seen as having any bias on tv and maybe because of that sometimes plays us down a little to compensate. However I really think the reaction to him in recent weeks is way OTT and ignores a lot of what he is saying. Last night he said "..and Brighton are not a team you want to be playing when you're down to ten men with the way they pass the ball about", that's a compliment from a former player who recognises how we wear the opposition down. He even mentoined he's coming to watch the game Tuesday. Some people on here really need to get a grip. I'd love to see the thread starter spit his dummy at Claridge in person on Tuesday night and see what sort of reaction he gets (and not just from Claridge). So you don't like the FLS, fine, but keep it adult at least, that email is embarassing.

This.
I really can't understand the negativity towards Claridge. He bigged us up when we were down struggling last season. His performance at West Ham will live with me for a long time. He speaks well of the club. I don't get it.

I guess he'll be coming on Tuesday as a Radio 5Live summariser?! So we may get some decent coverage on the wireless (were it not for the Champions League).

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The programme is awful, Clarridge is like some puppet that just agrees with the Asian fella. The bird that reads out emails is just cringe worthy and makes me want to put my foot through the telly box. Result I don't watch it and I wait until Monday to watch the goals online. Suggest you do the same!

Will do! :thumbsup:

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Because I pay a license fee and expect a better quality product. The Football League Show is becoming absolutely dire.

Watch Peter Beagrie on Sky Sports for an ex-pro who truly knows the lower leagues, does his research and doesn't make wild predictions and assertions without having all the facts.

E.G. Claridge tonight in his smug, knowing and dismissive way;

"Middlesbrough have enough - they'll be fine".

Absolute cock.

I couldn't agree more, the show is complete shit.
Didn't even show Boyd's red card. :facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This.
I really can't understand the negativity towards Claridge. He bigged us up when we were down struggling last season. His performance at West Ham will live with me for a long time. He speaks well of the club. I don't get it.

I guess he'll be coming on Tuesday as a Radio 5Live summariser?! So we may get some decent coverage on the wireless (were it not for the Champions League).

No chance that we'll be a commentary game on a CL night so must just be to watch - which he's come down to Withdean to do before. Obviously he just likes to see a decent game from time to time and keep an eye on what's happening around the league.

Strange behaviour for a bloke who, apparently, "hates Brighton' and is a "****".

can't believe how people say the programme is awful, It wasnt a long time ago (not in my eyes anyway) that MOTD showed 3 games, if they all ended up 0-0 tough shit, you never saw a goal that weekend. Now, i'm actually not a massive fan of all this live football but to be in a position thanks to the marvel of sky+ I can crawl out of my pit on a Sunday and see any chosen goal(s) and the FFW feature is an incredable invention

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No chance that we'll be a commentary game on a CL night so must just be to watch - which he's come down to Withdean to do before. Obviously he just likes to see a decent game from time to time and keep an eye on what's happening around the league.

Strange behaviour for a bloke who, apparently, "hates Brighton' and is a "****".

I never made either of those quotes to be fair. Don't see why he'd hate Brighton?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Still does not hide the fact the e-mail looks like it has been written by an angry 15 year old

A drunk, asleep, angry 15 year old, apparently. As a football fan, I, like all of you, am liable to angry rants at things which anger me. It just so happens though that I am right in what I say on this issue. Rather than addressing what I've said (which nobody has actually disagreed with), people are being arsey. If you read my posts carefully you'd realise I am making valid points.

I am one of these people who will go to Lewes for an evening match, just to watch some live football and watch Bradford v Accrington on Sky - I just love live football and I think The Football League Show is a piss poor product which shows no true affinity for the lower leagues, instead it's like a music video - phoney, scripted and empty. As I said, just watch Peter Beagrie summarising for Sky Sports. Fully researched, none of the ego and a lot more content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here