Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-mail to the Football League Show

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Although it would liven things up somewhat if 'our Liz' read it out..

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
JC why don't you submit your CV to the BBC as you clearly believe you could produce a better show than they are putting out at the moment. Perhaps the concept that many of the segments of the show are pre planned weeks in advance and that they have dozens of other clubs to give airtime to seems to have bypassed you? Its not the Brighton & Hove Albion show as you seem to want it to be. And let me be the first to disagree with you from your last post which is conceited to say the least. I don't think you are right and I don't think your points are valid.

I quite enjoy watching all the goals on the football league show, thats the only reason I watch it and for me it serves its purpose perfectly. I don't watch it expecting or indeed wanting in depth analysis or all the other crap that you seem to like being churned out by Sky et al. The fella Manish and Claridge pass comments and I am neither outraged or bothered by what they say or fail to say. You seem to be taking it all far too seriously and getting wound up by it - chill out. It never ceases to amaze me that people always churn out the 'I pay my licence fee' line when something appears on BBC that they don't like, probably the same people that say to me, ' i pay your wages etc' when they are being dealt with for breaking the law. You know there is shitloads of stuff on BBC I don't particularly like but I don't whinge about it and gripe that its my license fee paying for it, I accept that it has another audience who do like it and are also paying for it.

Sep 1, 2010
"Huddersfield trail Brighton because they are EIGHT POINTS CLEAR and DESERVEDLY SO, let's all talk about BRIGHTON". and Tinpot northern hovel sums you up nicely. amazing then you stayed up so late to watch something you clearly hate, do you think a balanced show would be to give Brighton a 10 minute feature every week in the last two months then because we are top? read my post properly at the bottom of page two which, conveniently you have chosen to ignore. You truly think your opinion comes from the mind of the chosen one don't you.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
A drunk, asleep, angry 15 year old, apparently. As a football fan, I, like all of you, am liable to angry rants at things which anger me. It just so happens though that I am right in what I say on this issue. Rather than addressing what I've said (which nobody has actually disagreed with), people are being arsey. If you read my posts carefully you'd realise I am making valid points.

I am one of these people who will go to Lewes for an evening match, just to watch some live football and watch Bradford v Accrington on Sky - I just love live football and I think The Football League Show is a piss poor product which shows no true affinity for the lower leagues, instead it's like a music video - phoney, scripted and empty. As I said, just watch Peter Beagrie summarising for Sky Sports. Fully researched, none of the ego and a lot more content.

kim-jong-il-puppet-team-america.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm just pleased to have a comprehensive goals roundup on a Saturday night. The punditry is the fluff, I don't really care about the analysis, if I've recorded it I usually fast-forward through the chat anyway. I'd definitely bin the text messages aspect, that is a complete and utter waste of time, but I look forward to the Football League show far more than MOTD, especially when we've won, which is pretty much every week these days :)

Its not so long ago you'd have to wait to see the Albions goals on Hampshire TV on the monday evening, and that really would be the "bare bones" minimum 20 seconds roundup. I think we're spoilt these days.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
they need the god that is Guilleme Balague on the show, thatll take the quality of the show up about 30 notches, also means my saturday/sunday night viewing consists purely of la liga action

Agree - the best pundit on television. Not sure what he'd have to say about the English third division though!!

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
God i hate Lizzy and her bloody e-mails. Cringe-worthy Television.

Dunno whats worse, her, or the e-mails she has to read. Can't they do what Sky Sports News do, just find a good looking bird who is a bit less posh and could potentially look like Football might interest her, and not Polo.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
God i hate Lizzy and her bloody e-mails. Cringe-worthy Television.

Dunno whats worse, her, or the e-mails she has to read. Can't they do what Sky Sports News do, just find a good looking bird who is a bit less posh and could potentially look like Football might interest her, and not Polo.

I would still do her though given the chance!!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This.
I really can't understand the negativity towards Claridge. He bigged us up when we were down struggling last season. His performance at West Ham will live with me for a long time. He speaks well of the club. I don't get it.

I guess he'll be coming on Tuesday as a Radio 5Live summariser?! So we may get some decent coverage on the wireless (were it not for the Champions League).

This... including the West ham game, one of the few I've got to in recent years.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Shhhhh..... We are top.....and it has nothing to do with our great manager:whistle: ....or a great team:thumbsup: .... lets just keep going under the radar :albion2: sod the beeb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here