Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-mail to the Football League Show

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, bearing in mind they gave us loads of coverage of us for the last two weeks, I can understand what they're doing.

Claridge is fairly useless but he is usually very complimentary when there's cause to be.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
If you think that's bad, tune in to 'SouthCoastClub TV, tmrw at 6.30.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The more press coverage our success gets, the more the press will link Gus with every job that comes along at bigger clubs. A quick mention that we're still top of the league will do for me!

Sep 1, 2010
The more press coverage our success gets, the more the press will link Gus with every job that comes along at bigger clubs. A quick mention that we're still top of the league will do for me!

Although i would like that to be true, i am sure a host of other clubs above us are taking a roving eye over Poyet now and his style of football is raising a few eyebrows, end of season is going to be VERY difficult for us to keep hold of him if we go up.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Although i would like that to be true, i am sure a host of other clubs above us are taking a roving eye over Poyet now and his style of football is raising a few eyebrows, end of season is going to be VERY difficult for us to keep hold of him if we go up.

Absolutely - and every media outlet talking him up in the meantime will only fan the flames.

Maybe we should start an alternative media campaign....? Gus is rubbish! Poyet out? ???

Sep 1, 2010
Absolutely - and every media outlet talking him up in the meantime will only fan the flames.

Maybe we should start an alternative media campaign....? Gus is rubbish! Poyet out? ???

Er......no wouldn't go that far, the players might start believing it:facepalm:
At this rate January is going to be very hard to keep players as well, Bennett, Calderon, Even El-Abd and the likes are going to attract some wallet wafters

jcdenton, i can see what you've done there, I remember in '97 sending a letter to the FA telling them and I quote "you can stick your 3 points* up your arse, we're staying up anyway" now I don't suppose it helped and in fact probably did more harm than good, but I felt a whole lot better for it!

*or was 2 ponits we were deducted? (I used the right one at the time though)

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Lets be like our other South coast counterparts and ban that TWAT and other members of FLS until they give us the recognition we deserve.

:albion1:

Yes, cos South Coast Club are one of the most respected teams in the league.

I don't care if we hardly get a mention. Under the radar is fine by me.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Pathetic juvenile email. I think we are getting adequate coverage and don't even think Claridge is that bad, ffs people on here are painting him out to be the anti-christ, he's just a bloke with an opinion and if you don't like it just switch off its very easy - and before you start spare us the whining about you paying your license fee etc etc. How about concentrating on the numerous positives at the moment instead of constantly moaning and whinging.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Claridge did some horrible guess work by suggesting it would've been a diff score had Boyd not been sent off. We were destroying them and 1-0 up Steve. Plus won the pen about 30 secs after the sending off so doubting the sending off made a great deal of difference there... Ridiculous guess work - do some research Steve.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The most shocking thing of all is some FOOTBALL fans defending the Football League Show. It is wank of the highest order and does nobody any favours, particularly Brighton fans whose club are not getting the praise they deserve. Claridge didn't even mention the job Poyet is doing - or indeed mention him (or any of our players) at all. Without even seeing the game he, again, knowingly declares to the nation that the scoreline was due to the sending off, contradicting almost everyone who was at the game.

How did a segment basically advertising Adam Le Fondre for sale deserve so long on screen? Really embarrassing. That stuff is fine for 'Football Focus', but why not reinvest those wasted minutes in HIGHLIGHTS. Along with Claridge's fluff and Lizzy's usual 'I've been having a lot of emails from XYZ club fans, who feel they never get a mention' - usually because the time has been poorly allocated on lower league strikers advertising their availability for transfer. Also, the League Two highlights are so fast, it was like the Benny Hill Show; yet we had around eight minutes on a Championship match between two bottom of the table sides which had been live on Sky earlier that evening. Where is the logic?!

I would argue it is not even 'better than nothing' like those apologists among us - ninety minutes of Steve Claridge talking utter, utter shit is just not worth it any more. It is more enjoyable watching the clips from the game on here, on the BBC website and Seagulls player.

Also, it is a pathetic argument to say 'We are top, why are you complaining' - as well as an Albion fan I am a FOOTBALL fan and a license fee payer - if we were mid-table I would still be complaining about how SHIT the program is and commenting how little praise some clubs get. He didn't even mention Gary Johnson's iffy managerial situation there, even the commentator during the Barnsley v Hull highlights commented that the Hull chairman might sack Nigel Pearson. Claridge doesn't know shit.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Looking at the time of the original post would imagine he has woken/sobered up, thought about putting his name to the rant, realised what a twat he's made himself look!
No need to rant about it, we know where we are and we're we aim to be next season, let's just quietly get on with it?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Looking at the time of the original post would imagine he has woken/sobered up, thought about putting his name to the rant, realised what a twat he's made himself look!
No need to rant about it, we know where we are and we're we aim to be next season, let's just quietly get on with it?

Please see my post above. Now who looks a twat?

The Football League Show is SHIT, I don't understand why this is being debated? It is SHIT. If you like it, you probably also like other shit things like Glee and Tim Lovejoy.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Please see my post above. Now who looks a twat?

The Football League Show is SHIT, I don't understand why this is being debated? It is SHIT. If you like it, you probably also like other shit things like Glee and Tim Lovejoy.

But you started the debate.......pick up your wreckage and go back to bed !!!!

Sep 1, 2010
Although i would have to agree that what Steve Claridge said seemed totally ridiculous we also are not aware of what was edited out. This in turn leads to the fault of the producers. There is never going to be a perfect format in my opinion. I think the football league show can improve but the e-mail sent was just as amateurish. It does not change my life what they think or show, i would rather be where we are today and enjoy quite a lot of local and national coverage be either TV or the written press. I have seen so much written about Poyet and The Albion it is hard to expand at this stage on what has already been acknowledged and published.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here