Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche on way out?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My old boss comes from Burnley way. His father played for Burnley (150+ games).
When our U.K. facility was shutdown we both had the choice of going to the US but as we both had young families decided against it. The fact that it was Texas made the decision much easier.
He was always banging on about gods own country and how great the north was ....... he moved to Bristol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You could argue that Kayal lifts his leg to obstruct and Barton is already airborne, although the stamp does look pre meditated :shrug:

He does lift his leg, I agree, but i'd imagine anyone that isn't Barton would just use that to draw a foul, rather than dump their studs in his leg.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember there was a season in the championship where almost every week we'd see our opponents get more yellow cards then us, yet somehow we ended the season with more yellow cards than any other team - it was as if a brighton game somehow garnered more yellow cards than a non-brighton game, and of course all of our games were brighton games, whereas every other team in the division only had two brighton games a season.

boik

OK, to clear up a few points.

1. In five years in the PL, Burnley make about £30m per year operating profit before player transfers. A net transfer spend of £90m, about £20m spent on the ground and the training ground, and about £40m left in the bank as reserves for such things as ground development, relegation funds, future squad strengthening, and unexpected pandemics.

2. If Burnley are a dirty side, then what does that say for Brighton? 17 sent off in 5 years? Not impressive. Burnley have had 3.

3. The directors don't take out either dividend or salary.

4. Liverpool have the second best record for red cards over five years, and they've had 7. More than twice as many. Get on to them about kicking lumps if you like.

5, Northampton to Burnley is an easier journey than Northampton to South London.

6. The 7 subs wasn't the manager making a point, it was because the number of tests is limited and we had lost 9 players (5 left, 4 injured) who had been using up some of the tests. There weren't enough players left to fill the bench.

Well done for coming on here and representing your team. I always like to hear from proper football fans - whenever I started a new job, it was always talking about football that broke the ice. Apparently though we're all supposed to hate each other according to the old school dinosaurs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well done for coming on here and representing your team. I always like to hear from proper football fans - whenever I started a new job, it was always talking about football that broke the ice. Apparently though we're all supposed to hate each other according to the old school dinosaurs.

We have always had much more in common with #teamslikebrighton/Palace/Burnley/Reading/Orient etc though haven’t we? Even if we supposedly “hate” them

I really do hate Bournemouth though :lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A lot wouldn't trust Barton - he was a model pro under Dyche but he's already had a police investigation at Fleetwood and he's very much a loose cannon. Michael Duff gets the sentimental vote for being ex-Burnley and doing well at Cheltenham. Definitely not Mark Hughes - as much for being a duff manager as for being ex-Blackburn. Chirs Hughton has been mentioned, assuming he isn't frightened off by all the silly prejudices - very few of us care what colour skin he has. But ultimately, I think Dyche will stay because (even if he is frustrated by the small squad) he wouldn't get a better gig anywhere else.

Do you not think that he has been tapped up by Palace, and he is now in a no lose situation? Pushing the Burnley board for extra funds. If they relent and give them to him he wins, and if they don't, he sods off to Palace with the rationale that the Burnley board didn't back him. What do you think?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Can't fault the Burnley board approach really - fans will still have a club to support in long run

Hendrick was always likely to leave to get a signing on fee elsewhere and one last big contract

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do you not think that he has been tapped up by Palace, and he is now in a no lose situation? Pushing the Burnley board for extra funds. If they relent and give them to him he wins, and if they don't, he sods off to Palace with the rationale that the Burnley board didn't back him. What do you think?

UNFORTUNATELY I THINK HE IS A PERFECT fit for palace....:wanker:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Think I might have mentioned this before, but a few years ago I was at a Sporting dinner in London and had a top referee on our table, who's name will remain anonymous as he asked to keep our conversation to the table. He said we all could ask one question, first question was ' who is the worst manager to deal with' without hesitation the said 'Sean Dyche, when 4th officials get allocated, they often try and get out of the gig. Apparently apart from his constant in the ear of the officials, his little party piece is coming to see the ref before the game with stories like ' hey I heard that 'one of their players' is going to do 'one of mine today' (insert name as appropriate). Refs don't like him as they feel he try's to come across as the nice media man, but has a very nasty side to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Burnley are the subject of interest from an American and Middle East consortium looking to buy a Premier League club. (Telegraph)

The perfect combination of Racism in a multicultural society

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Now up to 8th! I don't see him going to a team that would go higher. Maybe one that would earn him more crust.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What he has achieved is outstanding on a nett transfer spend of £90m in 5 years. Something Bloom must dream of.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What he has achieved is outstanding on a nett transfer spend of £90m in 5 years. Something Bloom must dream of.

Hats off to him, if he left reckon they'd struggle

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He has achieved a miracle at Burnley. Love him or loathe him he is up there with the big spenders and big earners.......much respect.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Saw an interview with him a couple of days ago, gave the impression he wasn’t happy with the board at all and I thought certain to go at the end of the season. If he does, they’re in massive trouble next season.

Villa would be a good move for him when they sack Smith, whatever division they’re in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here