Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche on way out?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Burnley do seem to be paving the way for dropping down a division. Maybe the owner just ran out of money and has a beady eye on the parachute payments. Wouldn't be the first. Won't be the last :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the 'Burnley's a shithole' and 'rusty hovel of a stadium' type comments are interesting. Granted - Burnley is not really the place I'd like to live, but I've been to quite a few games there now - and always quite enjoyed them. The ground is near town, which is always a benefit. It's a proper old stadium, and I'd rather watch a match there than in some of the more sterile grounds that we all moan about. It's got some decent pubs, cheap beer, good chips, and pretty good countryside around it. And, last time I went - a good old-fashioned cheap barber shop as well.

I also know a few Burnlay fans - who are perfectly decent human beings.

It is what it is - an ex-industrial centre.

Hebden Bridge...lovely

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Jeff Hendrick (the only one of the out of contract players offered a new deal) has rejected the offer and will now leave. Quite like Dyche as a manager but as with CH last summer think he has taken Burnley as far as he can

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jeff Hendrick (the only one of the out of contract players offered a new deal) has rejected the offer and will now leave. Quite like Dyche as a manager but as with CH last summer think he has taken Burnley as far as he can

CH to Burnley?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Report in the Mail (yes, I know) that Dyche is ready to leave Burnley after the board refuses to free funds for transfers and approve new contracts for players.

Despite this being a Mail story, I can see it having a ring of truth (it's been backed up by a sports reporter from the Burnley Express): the Ginger Dalek is still relatively young and has taken Burnley as far as he can take them. He'd be much in demand and I could see a lower PL club looking to snap him up (Villa or West Ham, if they stay up)

It would also mean that his final game would be against us - he'd want to go out with a bang so I hope we don't need the points by then as it won't be a stroll in the park.

Yes, I agree with what you're saying here, but would also throw in him fielding reduced numbers on subs bench and omitting those players (eg Hendricks) whose contracts are about to run out.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I'm not sure there's a place for an old "boot room" soldier.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Was quite surprised to read in a Times interview couple of Saturday's ago that his family home is in Northamptonshire - time at home in lock down may have made him think he quite likes living there rather than flat in Burnley or wherever he stays when up there

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Rumours about Mark Hughes, merry-go-round manager. Going down next season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Hughes gets that job I might have to agree with Paul Ince and nobody, nobody wants to do that.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Here in Palace territory they have been quietly confident that Dyche will leave Burnley in the summer join Palace and take with him Tarkowski and McNeil with the deal funded by the sale of Wilf and a couple of others who are big earners.
Don't shoot the messenger just reporting on local rumours.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Burnley remind me of Wimbledon from a different era, getting great success against all odds, but playing a brand of football not pleasing on the eye. Unfortunately it can only last so long.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Burnley remind me of Wimbledon from a different era, getting great success against all odds, but playing a brand of football not pleasing on the eye. Unfortunately it can only last so long.

I think that's a bit unfair. Firstly, Burnley are nowhere near as, er, robust as that Wimbledon team were and secondly, Wimbledon were playing in an era where there was far less of a gap between the top six (seven, if you count Leicester) and the rest. Who, outside the big boys, plays really pretty football? Wolves are the only one I can think of - and they spent big getting there

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
OK, to clear up a few points.

1. In five years in the PL, Burnley make about £30m per year operating profit before player transfers. A net transfer spend of £90m, about £20m spent on the ground and the training ground, and about £40m left in the bank as reserves for such things as ground development, relegation funds, future squad strengthening, and unexpected pandemics.

2. If Burnley are a dirty side, then what does that say for Brighton? 17 sent off in 5 years? Not impressive. Burnley have had 3.

3. The directors don't take out either dividend or salary.

4. Liverpool have the second best record for red cards over five years, and they've had 7. More than twice as many. Get on to them about kicking lumps if you like.

5, Northampton to Burnley is an easier journey than Northampton to South London.

6. The 7 subs wasn't the manager making a point, it was because the number of tests is limited and we had lost 9 players (5 left, 4 injured) who had been using up some of the tests. There weren't enough players left to fill the bench.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Here in Palace territory they have been quietly confident that Dyche will leave Burnley in the summer join Palace and take with him Tarkowski and McNeil with the deal funded by the sale of Wilf and a couple of others who are big earners.
Don't shoot the messenger just reporting on local rumours.
Not true. McNeil wouldn't go to Crystal Palace. He's ambitious - would want a step up, not a sideways move - and would prefer the north west. Besides, if Dyche's relationship with Garlick is as bad as all that, Palace couldn't afford the fees.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

1. In five years in the PL, Burnley make about £30m per year operating profit before player transfers. A net transfer spend of £90m, about £20m spent on the ground and the training ground, and about £40m left in the bank as reserves for such things as ground development, relegation funds, future squad strengthening, and unexpected pandemics.

2. If Burnley are a dirty side, then what does that say for Brighton? 17 sent off in 5 years? Not impressive. Burnley have had 3.

3. The directors don't take out either dividend or salary.

4. Liverpool have the second best record for red cards over five years, and they've had 7. More than twice as many. Get on to them about kicking lumps if you like.

5, Northampton to Burnley is an easier journey than Northampton to South London.

6. The 7 subs wasn't the manager making a point, it was because the number of tests is limited and we had lost 9 players (5 left, 4 injured) who had been using up some of the tests. There weren't enough players left to fill the bench.

We don't want FACTS.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

That stat just proves how bad the refereeing is in the league. Completely inconsistent and scared of Dyche. A team that is as dirty as yours gets away with as much as you do speaks volumes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here