• Hmmmmmm. Dunno

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He should not be allowed to run because

a-he is black
b- he is a criminal

(which pretty much means the same thing)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
this is a dangerous president.

george-bush5.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only difference between Christie and Chambers was that Chambers put his hands up and admitted the extent of his drug taking. He didn't need to do that and ultimately he has suffered from his honesty.

:lolol:
The words "honesty" and Chambers" in the same sentence, I've seen it all now. When he was found guilty, Chambers continued to deny, protest and lied. It was only in the face of irrefutable evidence that he (eventually) admitted to it and then opened the floodgates on the cocktail of drugs he'd been taking. Well that was BIG of him wasn't it, considering he'd been concealing it for years and then still lied about it when he got found out.

I'm not saying Christie is whiter than white either (no pun intended), he may well have done the same, I dunno. Christies career was already winding down and all but over by that time, he's not trying to weasel his way into the current Olympics, so its barely relevent any more.

Anyway, the fact remains, Chambers has permanently increased his muscle capacity and potential through use of steroids, so he can never be fully "clean" again, and should therefore never represent GB again. I will not alter my opinion on this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm 100% with Easy on this. I do not want to see Chambers in a GB vest, at the Olympics or any other event.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The words "honesty" and Chambers" in the same sentence, I've seen it all now. When he was found guilty, Chambers continued to deny, protest and lied. It was only in the face of irrefutable evidence that he (eventually) admitted to it and then opened the floodgates on the cocktail of drugs he'd been taking. Well that was BIG of him wasn't it, considering he'd been concealing it for years and then still lied about it when he got found out.

I'm not saying Christie is whiter than white either (no pun intended), he may well have done the same, I dunno. Christies career was already winding down and all but over by that time, he's not trying to weasel his way into the current Olympics, so its barely relevent any more.

Anyway, the fact remains, Chambers has permanently increased his muscle capacity and potential through use of steroids, so he can never be fully "clean" again, and should therefore never represent GB again. I will not alter my opinion on this.

How i wish he wins a medal at the olympics and then sticks his fingers up at the media and the public who have hounded him so bitterly.
Come on Dwanye,get on that Podium for Easy 10 and Britain:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That would be an embarrassment. Chambers competing would be bad enough, but if he actually won a medal as well, it would remove the last few shreds of credibility this sport is clinging to, and would just serve to further alienate the public from bothering with athletics at all.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Agree with all of that.

Yoda

English & European
Chambers wasnt exactly open and honest - he took them a while before he was caught. The ONLY thing in his favour is the fact that othre athletes are treated differently which simply isn't right. But I think we've got to make everyone do the lifetime ban.

Rubbish!

Tim Montgomery was found guilty of fraud & dealing in heroin too and Marion Jones pled guilty to lying to federal agents and grand juries. That's why they were treated differently.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
How i wish he wins a medal at the olympics and then sticks his fingers up at the media and the public who have hounded him so bitterly.
Come on Dwanye,get on that Podium for Easy 10 and Britain:clap2:

You appear to have a very twisted sense of right and wrong.

He stuck his fingers up at the public and, worst of all, his fellow competitors, when he decided to cheat. It wasn't a mistake or a one-off bad decision, it was a long and concerted effort to cheat and only when his back was really against the wall did he confess everything.

But in your world that's fine..unbelievable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loads of international sprint athletes are on perfomance enhancing drugs, Chambers had to take the drugs just to put himself on a level playing field with his competitors. The only mistake he made was getting caught, and what he did gave him no unfair advantage.

You're not really being serious here. Are you ?

If so, I guess you are advocating that all the regulations be scrapped, and ALL athletes should just simply be permitted to take all the performance-enhancing drugs they want, in order to "level" the playing field ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:

Taking steroids does NOT permanently increase muscle mass, you have to continue using them in regular cycles to maintain any mass built beyond your natural limits. Any residual strength advantage Chambers had will have gone within a year. Why do you think the IAAF doesn't have longer bans? People are too quick to give opinonated views on doping without really knowing much about it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You appear to have a very twisted sense of right and wrong.

He stuck his fingers up at the public and, worst of all, his fellow competitors, when he decided to cheat. It wasn't a mistake or a one-off bad decision, it was a long and concerted effort to cheat and only when his back was really against the wall did he confess everything.

But in your world that's fine..unbelievable.

Sorry matey it's you who's in the wrong.You,Easy 10, the media amongst others have constantly hounded a man who is now clean in a sport thats rife with drugs.Your trying to make a scapegoat out of him and i just pray he gets the right verdict today.
Ill give give another example Ben Jonhson.I believe he was allowed to continue once he served his ban.Hopefully Yoda will corect me if i'm wrong.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Muscle mass will disappear if you don't maintain excercise or stop using steroids. It is biologically the same as muscle built by natural working out and will atrophy as any muscle would.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You're not really being serious here. Are you ?

If so, I guess you are advocating that all the regulations be scrapped, and ALL athletes should just simply be permitted to take all the performance-enhancing drugs they want, in order to "level" the playing field ?

Other than the testers being ahead of the drug manufacturers (which is unlikely to ever happen), this is the only way that athletics would ever be fair. Obviously this could never be condoned due to potential health risks so we have to accept that it will never be a level playing field. We could at least make any bans consistent throughout the world though, at least all athletes would have similar incentive to run clean.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not a phycisist, I can't even spell it.
But I'm just going by what I've read. Obviously excercise has to be maintained in order to maintain muscle mass - but the muscle mass potential is (apparently) enhanced beyond what would be "naturally" possible otherwise.

Yoda

English & European
Ill give give another example Ben Jonhson.I believe he was allowed to continue once he served his ban.Hopefully Yoda will corect me if i'm wrong.

He was, but was rubbish and was found to be taking them again two years later and THEN banned for life. Which is how it is still done now.

Yoda

English & European
But I'm just going by what I've read. Obviously excercise has to be maintained in order to maintain muscle mass - but the muscle mass potential is (apparently) enhanced beyond what would be "naturally" possible otherwise.

Correct, and if you stop taking those drugs, the musle mass returns to the maximum it can be "naturally".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Correct, but any enhanced potential goes when you stop doing regular cycles of drugs. Any 'unatural' mass would soon deplete even with continued high intensity training.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats not what I've read. The muscle has been expanded beyond its natural state, and can RETURN to that heightened state with intensive excercise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here