Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk IN! (Was: Dunk Out?)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not concerned about Lewis.
His main issue is being caught out of position when playing De Zerbiball and not having a strong defensive midfield in front of him.

Southgate will want him to be steady and focussed on defensive duties.
Maybe a bit of a threat at corners.

Lewis can handle that side of things adequately.
Having Rice in front of him won't hurt either.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I guarantee all the people saying Branthwaite should have been selected have barely watched him play.
Twitter will be in meltdown, the other day when i searched Dunk, the majority of people slagging him off were Everton fans saying its a joke hes ahead of Branthwaite and being proper bitter about it....... will be fun to sit back and watch the toffees fans binfest!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Twitter will be in meltdown, the other day when i searched Dunk, the majority of people slagging him off were Everton fans saying its a joke hes ahead of Branthwaite and being proper bitter about it....... will be fun to sit back and watch the toffees fans binfest!
Still doing it on the BBC feed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it's a straight toss up between him and Branthwaite - Southgate seems to favour Dunk but he won't want to take three injured defenders.

I think Branthwaite will be a great defender but at the moment I can see why he'd favour Dunk. Branthwaite has looked good in a Dyche back four (so did Michael Keane) but Dunk currently surely suits England's style of play far better.

Injury permitting I think he goes.
Absolutely, this is one major ournament too soon for Branthwaite shirley?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I personally thinks he’s rather overrated these days. Slows play down, quite predictable in his approach and will be easy picking for a half decent defender.
Pep seems to have coached Grealish to stop falling over, and what we are left with is, er, nothing. He does nothing except receive a pass on the wing, then pass it to another player. He was dangerous when he went on runs and drew fouls.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The anti-Dunk sentiment on the BBC's thread page, i assume largely from people who are judging him mainly on a bad mistake in an England game and when he plays against City on the telly, is striking. We had a bad run, conceding a lot of goals. But anybody who has seen Dunk over the long term couldn't make too much of an argument against him at least travelling with the squad. Even if he doesn't start, as a dependable fill-in should the need arise, he's surely near the front of the queue?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The anti-Dunk sentiment on the BBC's thread page, i assume largely from people who are judging him mainly on a bad mistake in an England game and when he plays against City on the telly, is striking. We had a bad run, conceding a lot of goals. But anybody who has seen Dunk over the long term couldn't make too much of an argument against him at least travelling with the squad. Even if he doesn't start, as a dependable fill-in should the need arise, he's surely near the front of the queue?
Hes made a damn site fewer balls ups in an England shirt than slabhead, and the one where he missed the tackle v Belgium, there was still a hell of a lot to do before they scored, what was a very good finish.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here